Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Since alot of people are now updating their Pre-'s to 2.1. I was wondering what everyone has their overclocking set to. I was using screenstate 500/1000 but have noticed it starting to freeze and stutter more lately.
    I moved it down to performance 800 and everything seems smoother.

    What are your settings?
    - Skinneejay -
  2. #2  
    250 to 800 mhz. Very few freeze
  3. #3  
    I have it at 800 and it is good, I did notice some lag in the os but it was not made for my Pre so it is ok, I just got to wait till summer anyway.
  4. #4  
    You need to find what is suitable for your Pre-. Depends whether it's a Chuck Norris model or a 'weakling'.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Since alot of people are now updating their Pre-'s to 2.1. I was wondering what everyone has their overclocking set to. I was using screenstate 500/1000 but have noticed it starting to freeze and stutter more lately.
    I moved it down to performance 800 and everything seems smoother.

    What are your settings?
    I am set at screenstate 250/800 and all seems smooth, some minor lags but nothing major like a complete freeze up!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #6  
    for the past few days now i have been running the fixed speed at 800. I can't complain to much.
    - Skinneejay -
  7. #7  
    I run the Uber @ Screenstate 1000/600

    I found that my Sprint Pre (-) 2.1 was not waking properly @ 500mhz, so screenstate off is now @ 600mhz.

    Compcache is set @ 24mb.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I run the Uber @ Screenstate 1000/600

    I found that my Sprint Pre (-) 2.1 was not waking properly @ 500mhz, so screenstate off is now @ 600mhz.

    Compcache is set @ 24mb.
    How do I set it to 600 for screenstate? I assume it's in advanced but I don't see how to manually set...Im at 800 fixed but my battery doesn't last as long..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  9. #9  
    In Govnah, go to Advanced Settings -> CPU Frequency
    - Change the governor drop down to screenstate;
    - Change Frequency Selection drop downs (min freq to 600 / max freq to 1GHx)

    **DONT FORGET TO APPLY SETTINGS**

    After applying, it will bring you back to Advanced Settings. Now "Save as New Profile" (note: you can use a previous profile name; however it will overwrite).
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  10.    #10  
    are any of you guys having phone trouble? AKA missing calls or not having calls ring through?
    - Skinneejay -
  11. #11  
    So far, the fastest I have gotten after trying a million different things is this:

    Kernel: AV8B Harrier II 1GHz
    Swap: 14mb

    With this, I can have messaging, email, phone, feeder, and 5 browser windows open at the same time without what I would call slowdown. It's really crazy how well this setup works.
  12. #12  
    800 with 64MB works better but still little lag, found out that the 2.1 is not optimized for this Pre so no matter what CPU we set it to will still have lag, so we just have to hold out till summer. I still on the fence between iPhone5 and Pre3. Leaning towards iPhone5.
  13. basc0's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #13  
    how do i go about setting it up like yours mekkel
  14. basc0's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    So far, the fastest I have gotten after trying a million different things is this:

    Kernel: AV8B Harrier II 1GHz
    Swap: 14mb

    With this, I can have messaging, email, phone, feeder, and 5 browser windows open at the same time without what I would call slowdown. It's really crazy how well this setup works.
    u

Posting Permissions