Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    my pre pluss upgrade with meta-doctor to web os 2.1, anyone know how to baypass verizon activation to palm profile? help me please, i want my app catalog work . thanks
    Last edited by alexander__ekin; 03/21/2011 at 07:51 AM.
    not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's instructions for running the bypass acitvation tool:

Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP webOS Developer Center

However, since you're up to WebOS 2.1, you may be able to use the alternate instructions for 2.0 devices, which don't require the bypass activation tool:

webOS 2.0 Devices
    The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 devices.

1.Go to the phone app.
    2.On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone, press "##DEVMODE#". (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
    3.The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    4.Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
    something224 likes this.
    yes, the alternate instructions work for 2.0 and 2.1 and then add the bypass patch to be able to create/use a profile to buy/use the app catalog.
    It's under step 3 of the 2.1 Upgrade Instructions:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    I have use devmode and cant use app catalog with webos 2.1, show first use app not working on os 2.1, any way to activated app catalog or activated verizon activation. Im not in US. Help please, thanks for all respons
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, the alternate instructions work for 2.0 and 2.1 and then add the bypass patch to be able to create/use a profile to buy/use the app catalog.
    what bypass patch?
  7.    #7  
    Originally Posted by alexander__ekin
    quote yes, the alternate instructions work for 2.0 and 2.1 and then add the bypass patch to be able to create/use a profile to buy/use the app catalog.

what bypass app? show first use app not working on 2.1. thanks man

It's best to post questions in the forums so that everyone can see it and beneft from the answers.

But, the specifics of how this works, once you've bypassed you are using a Pre that isn't logged in to a profile. Then you install the bypass patch, and run the "gesture tutorial" - which used to be known as the first-use icon. If the patch is installed correctly, it will offer you the opportunity to login to or create a profile. The only advantage of this is that it will give you access to apps you've already purchased. Apps aren't transferrable between profiles.
  8.    #8  
    what bypass app? show first use app not working on 2.1. thanks man
  9.    #9  
    @Cantaffordit what bypass app? show first use app not working on webos 2.1
    You are looking for a patch in preware called "Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed".

Install that, restart, and then run the gesture tutorial, and you should be all set.
    <<thread merged>>
  12.    #12  
    can "Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed". run on 1.4.5?
  13.    #13  
    awesome, working well, lets try it bro and sis
  14.    #14  
    if i baypass this and use developer mode, can i use evdo? or just wifi only? thanks a lot master @Cantaffordit
    You will only be able to use WiFi unless you activate your phone with a carrier. Are you planning to activate it with a carrier?
  16.    #16  
    You will only be able to use WiFi unless you activate your phone with a carrier. Are you planning to activate it with a carrier?
    I use verizon Pre plus, but im not in US. I have no plan to activated it, thats why i need baypass it. 1.4.5 done well and can use app catalog. But in 2.1.0 i cant use it
  17.    #17  
    Im back to 1.4.5 now
    I was able to make the catalog work with
    bypass on 2.0

at some point you might want to give 2.x another try after recompiling the meta-doctor.
  19.    #19  
    why i cant use enable activation bypass with verizon preplus webos 2.1? i enter gesture, just have blank black screen only? i cant use app catalog now, answer please, thanks
  20.    #20  
    I was able to make the catalog work with
    bypass on 2.0

at some point you might want to give 2.x another try after recompiling the meta-doctor.
    i cant use 2.0 on my pre plus, just can load 2.1.0 with meta doctor and i cant use gesture, if i enter gesture tutorial just have blank screen, enable activation plm profile and show first use app not supported with webos 2.1.0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast