Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    I was wondering if someone can help me with the situation I'm stuck in. I upgraded my Sprint Pre to webos 2.1.0 and I want it to use a cellular connection. I for some reason cannot get the the phone activated. I am not even able to get to the screen where I can even try to log into my profile because it says the phone is not activated. When hit ## to bring up the dial pad and make a test call, I am successful. Since I figured this was a good sign I used the ##devmode# to just bypass all of this. I then used the gesture tutorial patch to be able to log back into my palm profile. This all seemed to be going well up until noticing after being done that once I left my house and no longer had a Wifi connection, I was receiving NO DATA signal. I am not able to update network settings or prl for obvious reasons and do not know if this would even help? Did I do something wrong and is this situation repairable? I was thinking maybe some sort of settings under ##DATA# that could be manually entered could fix the issue but I am lost. Thanks for the help.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandner88 View Post
    I was wondering if someone can help me with the situation I'm stuck in. I upgraded my Sprint Pre to webos 2.1.0 and I want it to use a cellular connection. I for some reason cannot get the the phone activated. I am not even able to get to the screen where I can even try to log into my profile because it says the phone is not activated. When hit ## to bring up the dial pad and make a test call, I am successful. Since I figured this was a good sign I used the ##devmode# to just bypass all of this. I then used the gesture tutorial patch to be able to log back into my palm profile. This all seemed to be going well up until noticing after being done that once I left my house and no longer had a Wifi connection, I was receiving NO DATA signal. I am not able to update network settings or prl for obvious reasons and do not know if this would even help? Did I do something wrong and is this situation repairable? I was thinking maybe some sort of settings under ##DATA# that could be manually entered could fix the issue but I am lost. Thanks for the help.
    read WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    is your phone activated on your carrier yet?
    yes. I ended up starting the whole thing over.. This time the process worked. My phone activated fine and it loaded everything nicely with 2.1.0 and the data is working! But now there is a new problem! For some reason I cannot receive or make calls.. the signal is there but some sort of software problem won't even recognize the call. for outbound calls when I type the number on the dialpad and hit the "talk" button.. nothing happens period. no screen change. the weird part is that when I hit the voicemail button below the talk button it connects the call no problem! how is this? also for incoming calls there is no indication on the phone that someone is trying the call me. however, after the person on the other end hangs up my phone displays the "missed call from: xxxxx." Any thoughts?
    oh also one more weird thing happening.. when I receive an sms/text message the phone doesn't notify me with a notification or even a sound.. not seeing a setting for this so I'm assuming something else needs fixing?
    I went through all the steps, did a sprint pre- meta-doctor, but I am only using Wifi as this is not my primary device, but may be become active again.

Device did successfully activate on first start, but put it into ##devmode# so I could access the WiFi settings for connectivity.

When I go to preware to get the activation by pass patch, so I can log into my profile. It says it is not available for 2.1. Profile under account says, Dr. Skipped firstuse

what did I miss??

**On, a seperate note, I am using WOSQI 4.04 and it says it is installing apps/patches successfully but they are not appearing on the pre-...??? sorry for the off topic question**
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/13/2011 at 01:27 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I want to be able to use the Cellular function if needed if my other device takes a dump... Would rather not have to re-doctor to get the cellular functionality.

Is there any other way???

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    hello, i have one problem, when i trying to type "#*Devmode#", it types only numbers and not the letters can anyone help me?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsotka View Post
    hello, i have one problem, when i trying to type "#*Devmode#", it types only numbers and not the letters can anyone help me?
    Use number #3386633#
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are looking for a patch in preware called "Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed".

Install that, restart, and then run the gesture tutorial, and you should be all set.
    Hi, I have GSM Pre which I have just doctored from v1.4.5 to v2.1.0 using the O2 profile.

I have a prepaid SIM and cannot siginin to my existing account or create a new one until I change the carrier file so that the Pre can use the data service. So, I rebooted and entered devmode at the first run screen and could bypass the profile creation. Then I installed preware but the "Enable Profile Creation Activation Bypassed" app you refer to is unavailble for webOS2.1 dated 12/2/10.

Is there another option to either access my original palm profile or just create another (the original profile is linked to an O2 SIM which I no longer have)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123