Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Does someone have a link to the thread that's on this topic?
    Just call me Berd.
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Use the Palm Bypass Tool and then install one of arthurthornton FirstUse patches.
    'Search' is your friend.
    I cant use first use on my pre plus verizon
  4.    #24  
    English and how to use it?
  5.    #25  
    English US and i done all of that step
  6.    #26  
    instal that file using webosquick instal?
  7.    #27  
    ok im upgrade to 2.1.0 first
  8.    #28  
    instaling activation-bypass.patch now
  9.    #29  
    so what next i must to do?
  10.    #30  
    just get blank screen when i enter gesture tutorial
  11.    #31  
    totally fail, not working on my pre plus
  12.    #32  
    Trying can be a lot quicker than asking.
    Im very frustated, first use app not shown on my pre plus. Any tutorial?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    You missed the first thing about the update to WebOS 2.1, you need to turn OFF the backup feature which will remove Facebook, calendars, and e-mail from your phone. The update to WebOS 2.1 at that point will let you log into your existing Palm profile without a problem.

I made the same mistake, not turning off the backup before doing the upgrade. The solution there is to use the 1.4.5 Doctor to go back to 1.4.5, then you can connect with your profile, turn off the backup to clear the data. THEN you can Doctor to 2.1 and access your profile normally, which WILL download purchased apps.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    You missed the first thing about the update to WebOS 2.1, you need to turn OFF the backup feature which will remove Facebook, calendars, and e-mail from your phone. The update to WebOS 2.1 at that point will let you log into your existing Palm profile without a problem.

I made the same mistake, not turning off the backup before doing the upgrade. The solution there is to use the 1.4.5 Doctor to go back to 1.4.5, then you can connect with your profile, turn off the backup to clear the data. THEN you can Doctor to 2.1 and access your profile normally, which WILL download purchased apps.
    i have turn of backup and im not on official carrier verizon, i must do bypass with ##devmode# and turn it on, i cant use app catalog because i cant create palm app, if im on 1.4.5 i can use show first use app with enable activation bypass to activated verizon and create palm profile, now im on 2.1.0 cant do anything because both of patch not supported with webos 2.1.0. i hope anyone can helpme. thanks
    Maybe I'm not understanding your problem, but did you do this when you ran the MetaDoctor for 2.1? I have done this and it works. This is from the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki:

For those who for what ever reason will never be using their phone on a cellular network and wish to use the phone only on wifi, just add "--wifi-only" as an extra argument to the meta-script:
    ./scripts/meta-<carrier>-<device>-<version> --wifi-only

Again, you should replace <device>, <carrier>, and <version> with the specific values that match your particular situation, using the detailed information given in the section below that matches your particular device and carrier.

Then, when your device boots after step 4, all you need to do is configure and start wifi and then run the Gesture Tutorial and you should be good to go. Note that in this case the end of the palm profile login procedure will appear to cycle forever, so just manually reboot the device using Opt-Sym-R when that happens.

Specific additional information for each of the supported device and carrier combinations can be found below:
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding your problem, but did you do this when you ran the MetaDoctor for 2.1? I have done this and it works. This is from the WebOS 2 Upgrade Wiki:

For those who for what ever reason will never be using their phone on a cellular network and wish to use the phone only on wifi, just add "--wifi-only" as an extra argument to the meta-script:
    ./scripts/meta-<carrier>-<device>-<version> --wifi-only

Again, you should replace <device>, <carrier>, and <version> with the specific values that match your particular situation, using the detailed information given in the section below that matches your particular device and carrier.

Then, when your device boots after step 4, all you need to do is configure and start wifi and then run the Gesture Tutorial and you should be good to go. Note that in this case the end of the palm profile login procedure will appear to cycle forever, so just manually reboot the device using Opt-Sym-R when that happens.

Specific additional information for each of the supported device and carrier combinations can be found below:
    oh must use wifi only? i use ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and i instaled patch and run gesture tutorial just have blank screen. maybe i must back to 1.4.5
  17.    #37  
    I installed that patch today on 2.1 and it works!!!
    what phone do u use now?
  18.    #38  
    u gsm pre, im on different verizon pre plus cdma. i hope it work but the fact is not working
  19.    #39  
    A GSM Pre. Moreover, you seem to be the first one to report this patch doesn't work in 2.1.
    can u giveme complete tutorial and details. thanks before
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander__ekin View Post
    can u giveme complete tutorial and details. thanks before
    No, I cannot.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast