1.    #1  
    I have the stock Sprint Pre Minus battery. Is it better to let it discharge fully (or almost fully) before recharging, or is it better to leave it sitting on the Touchstone charger all the time so it rarely dips below 90%?

Thanks.
    Make Your Cell Phone Battery Last Longer - wikiHow

I think it's good to charge and drain (fully) the battery the first time and then charge it as you need to. I usually have mine on charge most of the time at home so when I go out, it's full.

Something I didn't know before reading that article was the "bGoog.com" (black Google search page to save power)
    Wrong. The very link you provided states that you should NOT fully discharge lithium ion batteries. You also do NOT need to fully drain or charge the battery the first time you use it. This was for very old batteries from almost a decade ago. With lithium ion, the first charge is the same as any other.

You will extend battery life the most by keeping the charge above 4.05v, and preferably not fully charged. Also by keeping heat down.
    However, the Pre's batteries are so cheap now that you may as well do whatever you want, and just buy a few spare.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Yes, I did in fact just pick up a super-cheap replacement for my stock battery, which was beginning to fail to hold a charge for very long. I could certainly pick up a few more (the replacement cost just $4) but the problem is that I can't see how they'd be terribly useful. It's not as if I charge them using an external charger, so how would I keep one or more fully charged spares with me? Charge one battery in my Pre overnight, then shut down the phone, swap batteries, and charge the second during the day? I can guarantee I wouldn't do that for more than two days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ecstasy View Post
    Wrong. The very link you provided states that you should NOT fully discharge lithium ion batteries. You also do NOT need to fully drain or charge the battery the first time you use it. This was for very old batteries from almost a decade ago. With lithium ion, the first charge is the same as any other.

You will extend battery life the most by keeping the charge above 4.05v, and preferably not fully charged. Also by keeping heat down.
    However, the Pre's batteries are so cheap now that you may as well do whatever you want, and just buy a few spare.
    Do you have a source for that comment? I've also heard different views on these batteries, I just wanna know the best thing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    This may pertain to android phones but the constant with any smartphone is the need for better battery life and the things you can do to prolong them. [Guide] Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask! - xda-developers
    When I purchased my Mugen battery, they recommended for best battery performance that these type of batteries liked to be topped off, not drained down and then recharged.
    My source is not only the link the poster above my last post provided, but wikipedia which has many sources, and other sources that I've come across when I researched it before.

Nickel Cadmium batteries are the ones that suffer from memory effect if they are not fully discharged regularly, or not fully charged upon first use. These batteries are rarely used anymore for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    When I purchased my Mugen battery, they recommended for best battery performance that these type of batteries liked to be topped off, not drained down and then recharged.
    Correct. To maximize battery life, keep the charge above 50% or so if possible. But like I said, with how cheap they are... might as well just get a few spare.

And yes, you would have to charge the extra batteries in your pre. But new batteries really don't take that long to charge. I calibrated my old battery with Dr. Battery, and it gave me an extra 20% or so, but that last 20% takes forever to charge.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I use a 1ft. cable to charge my 2800mah mugen battery. I find it charges 5 to 10 times faster than a 3 ft. cable. It is connected to the original round wall usb adapter that came with phone. I also had a problem with it not charging , till I doctored it.