Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks to you Chertik0ff, I was able to go back to enjoying the Webos 2.1 experience; only this time with my new and improved Sprint Navigation! I love it! Everything is smooth. Now I just need to spend sometime getting the database.db3 file into the new system so I can have all my text messeges and call logs back! Need a little bit a help if anyone can guide me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bknight28 View Post
    Thanks to you Chertik0ff, I was able to go back to enjoying the Webos 2.1 experience; only this time with my new and improved Sprint Navigation! I love it! Everything is smooth. Now I just need to spend sometime getting the database.db3 file into the new system so I can have all my text messeges and call logs back! Need a little bit a help if anyone can guide me!
    Anytime! I know what it's like to browse through all these threads to find what you need. It feels like getting through the jungle sometimes.
    downgraded a pre minus today finally after giving 2.1.0 a shot for a while.

The Pre Plus has more memory and seems to have no issue, but the minus has frequent hangups despite uberkernel. Camera froze. The dealbreaker was purchase of how to train a dragon game = simply freezed in 2.1.0 on teh pre minus d/t low memory. No problem at all on 1.4.5. Time to uberkernel 1.4.5 for this pre- and await pre3

update : pre- w/1.4.5 and uberkernel = rocks! who cares about voice dialing and flash. Phone is usable for this family member who needed a reliable phone. THe frankenpre+ does fine with 2.1.0.

those with a miserable experience 2.1.0 on pre- ==> downgrade and add uberkernel. You'll be happy you did.
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 06/13/2011 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    downgraded a pre minus today finally after giving 2.1.0 a shot for a while.

The Pre Plus has more memory and seems to have no issue, but the minus has frequent hangups despite uberkernel. Camera froze. The dealbreaker was purchase of how to train a dragon game = simply freezed in 2.1.0 on teh pre minus d/t low memory. No problem at all on 1.4.5. Time to uberkernel 1.4.5 for this pre- and await pre3

update : pre- w/1.4.5 and uberkernel = rocks! who cares about voice dialing and flash. Phone is usable for this family member who needed a reliable phone. THe frankenpre+ does fine with 2.1.0.

those with a miserable experience 2.1.0 on pre- ==> downgrade and add uberkernel. You'll be happy you did.
    Completely Agree! Tried 2.1 on my Pre- for about 3 months and made other changes to see if things would workout...guess what "Pre- and 2.1 wasn't happening!"

I tried for the longest time to work through the issues, but I suspect HP and Palm were right all along and 2.1 on a device with only 256mb of RAM just doesn't work. They may have been able to trim the fat, but we all know their efforts went to Tablet and TouchPad servicing and that wasn't going to happen.

Nonetheless, my wife and I made the transition back to 1.4.5 and we are very pleased with the results. Only things we're missing include: "Favorites" option for phone calls and some of the enhanced Just Type features we became familiar with. Either way, I'd rather have 1.4.5 any day on the Pre- that makes it almost perfect phone wise and well capable of last another 6 months. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    How do you delete a backup? Just wondering...
    @sorli & cyberpheasant very similar occurance for me as well. The voice dialing was hilarious at times...well the first couple of times, then I just gave up
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    How do you delete a backup? Just wondering...
    If you are referring to your System Backup done by webOS and 2.1...you would click on Backup and then simply turn it off. It should then warn you that you're about to lose your Backup and you sure you want to do this.

After that, I did my 2.1 to 1.4.5 restore and simply had to re-add all my previous apps, purchases, and account settings. Everything came back after manual intervention except for 2.1 only apps that don't reference from the App Catalog running 1.4.5. For me it has worked out perfectly and I only miss a few features of 2.1 (favorites, Just Type newer functions, etc). Sorli...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'll stick with 1.4.5 on my Pre Plus. I rather have a more stable and reliable device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12