1.    #1  
    I have a palm pre from Sprint. Today, I was using Sprint Nav and being directed in circles. At the same time, the battery was draining faster than the car charger was charging the battery, until the phone eventually died from low battery. Any thoughts about bad directions from Sprint Nav or about the battery draining while plugged into a car charger?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbogo View Post
    I have a palm pre from Sprint. Today, I was using Sprint Nav and being directed in circles. At the same time, the battery was draining faster than the car charger was charging the battery, until the phone eventually died from low battery. Any thoughts about bad directions from Sprint Nav or about the battery draining while plugged into a car charger?
    I've been using Sprint Navigation on a Palm Pre very regularly since summer 2009, and have never had either issue. I would also note that whatever directions you were getting from Sprint Navigation should be completely unrelated to any battery issues.

I would suggest that you first do a battery pull on the phone, and then try getting directions to a different location. Perhaps you were having a GPS issue or there was something Sprint Navigation couldn't handle because of a particular address.

Regarding the battery discharge while being plugged in, are you sure that the charger was properly plugged in to both the car and the phone (did you confirm that the little lightning bolt appeared to indicate the phone was charging)? Do you have access to a different car charger to try? Sprint Navigation is definitely a battery hog on the Pre, and it can drain the battery even while plugged in, but in my experience, I have never had the battery drain from 100% charge to dead during a trip while plugged in, including trips of up to 6 hours or so. Generally speaking, I've experienced the battery not charge while running Sprint Navigation (when plugging in the phone and starting Sprint Navigation without a full charge), but I haven't seen the battery lose charge at a significant rate under those circumstances.

Anyway, I hope any of this can be of some help to you...Just wanted to let you know that what you experienced is not, in my experience, typical.