1.    #1  
    I know a lot of you guys have been wondering how webos 2.1 runs on the pre because you want to know if you should make the switch or not, so i decided to make a really crappy video of my pre plus running webos 2.1 overclocked at 1ghz. here ya go!

Very nicely done! And good choice for background music too

So... after all of the time and trouble you were encountering here's the big question.... how are you liking it? It looks like it has great response on the Pre+ (that bit of extra memory makes a big difference) Good job!
  3.    #3  
    aww thanks! And I'm loving it.. Not one regret. Everything is crazy smooth. Lets just say my brother the iPhone owner had no interest in my phone until this update. Lol. And yeah everything responds very quickly!
    how is battery life? btw, nice vid.
    Believe it or not, based on that video apparantely the Pre + overclocked to 1Ghz with webOS 2.1.0 performs much better than my Pre 2 does with webOS 2.1.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    how is battery life? btw, nice vid.
    I can't really judge battery life because my battery is really old! Lol. Its alright. I'm sure if I got a new one it'd be much better.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Believe it or not, based on that video apparantely the Pre + overclocked to 1Ghz with webOS 2.1.0 performs much better than my Pre 2 does with webOS 2.1.0.
    wow really?! The 2.1 update slowed things down on the pre 2 right?
    Man that's nice!! Makes me even more anxious for the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    It didn't slow things down for me, at least not to the point that I can notice a difference, but from the video, your overclocking Pre+ definitely looks like it operates just as smoothly as a Pre 2.

I guess if you have a Pre+, the only reason you want to upgrade to a Pre 2 is if you want gorilla glass and a better keyboard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    Not really, I did not notice any difference in speed between webOS 2.0.1 and webOS 2.1.0. But the overclocked Pre + with webOS 2.1.0 definately looks far smoother and even faster than my Pre 2 with webOS 2.x.x Although, it seems that my Pre 2 may be a 'lemon' and thus this may not apply to all Pre 2s.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad