1.    #1  
    Yesterday my Palm Pre fell and the touch screen was badly cracked. Unfortunately I don't have the insurance and so a use Pre was procured. Needless to say I will need to activate the new phone and transfer all my stuff from the broken Pre to the new one, Has anyone had experience in activating a new Pre and then moving all of the apps and misc files over? How easy is it?

Thanks!
    Apps bought from official app catalog will download once you log in to the new phone and all accounts should only ask you for passwords and then sync w/ no problems. Text messages/call log Will be lost. It should restore all contacts (even ones stored on palm profile).

I'd suggest installing save restore to try and backup settings... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html <- backup everything, copy the directory it creates to pc, copy back to new phone and restore data through save/restore.

There is a way to back up your contacts in case palm profile doesn't restore them, but I'm not at my pc & I don't have the links handy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums