Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Greetings, any ideas/suggestions on this one (BellMo Pre- with GSM Pre2 comm board)?

Thanks!
    David Thacker
    Quote Originally Posted by dthacker View Post
    Greetings, any ideas/suggestions on this one (BellMo Pre- with GSM Pre2 comm board)?

Thanks!
    David Thacker
    What carrier was the GSM Pre2 comm board?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    What carrier was the GSM Pre2 comm board?
    North America Unlocked (no carrier)
    North America Unlocked (no carrier)
    Exactly what are you trying to achieve? What version of webOS do you want to run? Do you plan on activating the GSM board to make/receive calls? Do you just want a wifi only device? Do you want to sign in to an existing profile? Do you want Developer Mode enabled? Do you want to bypass activation? Do you want to disable automatic updates? I'll need answers to create your metadoctor specific to your needs. Otherwise the meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0 would most likely work and you can simply sign in using the ##DEVMODE# technique discussed earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 10/08/2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Exactly what are you trying to achieve? What version of webOS do you want to run? Do you plan on activating the GSM board to make/receive calls? Do you just want a wifi only device? Do you want to sign in to an existing profile? Do you want Developer Mode enabled? Do you want to bypass activation? Do you want to disable automatic updates? I'll need answers to create your metadoctor specific to your needs. Otherwise the meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0 would most likely work and you can simply sign in using the ##DEVMODE# technique discussed earlier in this thread.
    Greetings, thanks for your reply.
    1. Yes, I want to activate and use the GSM board to do calls and texts. (Was already using it for a couple years as a WiFi only device until I realized I might be able to use it as a GSM phone with this GSM comm board.)
    2. Does not need to sign in to existing profile, will create new profile.
    3. Do not need to bypass activation, do not want Dev Mode activated by default (will activate it only when wanted/needed using standard methods).
    4. Do not want to disable auto updates. Was hoping to run webOS 2.2.4 that is on the other Pre2 units here, but not required if some other version is needed to make phone calls possible.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Regards,
    David Thacker
    Greetings, thanks for your reply.
    1. Yes, I want to activate and use the GSM board to do calls and texts. (Was already using it for a couple years as a WiFi only device until I realized I might be able to use it as a GSM phone with this GSM comm board.)
    2. Does not need to sign in to existing profile, will create new profile.
    3. Do not need to bypass activation, do not want Dev Mode activated by default (will activate it only when wanted/needed using standard methods).
    4. Do not want to disable auto updates. Was hoping to run webOS 2.2.4 that is on the other Pre2 units here, but not required if some other version is needed to make phone calls possible.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Regards,
    David Thacker
    I wouldn't recommend 2.2.4 since most of the feedback seems to suggest the little guy doesn't seem to handle it so well. My own experience on a Sprint device usually ended up with constant freezes and reboots with battery pulls being the only way to restart (& I know ALL the methods). There really aren't too many major upgrades besides Skype anyway. I'll try and come up with a metadoctor with the above design sometime in the next few days and PM you the result.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345