Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, I don't believe you.

If you had used the script as it is currently released, there is a bug which is not changing the carrier token from ROW to Sprint in the doctor.

So a doctor created would not have even flashed on your device (it would have stopped with a token mismatch).

Hence my suspicion you have REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK enabled somehow, and that is causing the missing DMSET value.

I just tested the latest version of the script, and got 312,317 for DMSETS. So as far as I can see, the script is good.

-- Rod
    Huh. Well it did run twice now with the same result both times. The device is booted and running on wifi, just no phone service or catalog access. I wish I could say I modified the Carrier Check but I just plugged my device in after the script ran in Terminal and the Doctor opened and this is what I am getting. Sounds like this needs some more work anyway. Is this the best place to keep up on progress? It's getting a bit late out here in Seattle. I really want this to work, so I'm willing to put in the time testing but this version obviously is not working. Thanks Rod.
    (I did a "git pull" and "make clobber" both times before running the script)
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Huh. Well it did run twice now with the same result both times. The device is booted and running on wifi, just no phone service or catalog access. I wish I could say I modified the Carrier Check but I just plugged my device in after the script ran in Terminal and the Doctor opened and this is what I am getting. Sounds like this needs some more work anyway. Is this the best place to keep up on progress? It's getting a bit late out here in Seattle. I really want this to work, so I'm willing to put in the time testing but this version obviously is not working. Thanks Rod.
    (I did a "git pull" and "make clobber" both times before running the script)
    I'll need a full log of the whole process starting with git pull and make clobber and ending with the end of the flash succeeding. Capture that and post it as an attachment here (it will be a very large text file).

It's working for me, so we need to determine what is happening differently when you run it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Good news! It is working for me. Not sure what is going on with your Pre, Matteebee, but mine comes up fine with no issues. I'm able to see and use ATT's network on what used to be a Sprint Pre-.

Many thanks, Rod (another donation coming your way). If you guys want some info from me, please let me know. Also, I'll try a T-Mobile USA sim this weekend - no 3G, I know, but I want to doublecheck that it's unlocked and I might repurpose it as a T-Mobile phone in any case.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    Good news! It is working for me. Not sure what is going on with your Pre, Matteebee, but mine comes up fine with no issues. I'm able to see and use ATT's network on what used to be a Sprint Pre-.

Many thanks, Rod (another donation coming your way). If you guys want some info from me, please let me know. Also, I'll try a T-Mobile USA sim this weekend - no 3G, I know, but I want to doublecheck that it's unlocked and I might repurpose it as a T-Mobile phone in any case.

Scotland
    What does the Show Properties app show for your DMSETS token value?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    DMSETS shows 312, 317.
    Exact value is: {"sets":"312","317"}

Since you asked about these previously:
    DMMODEL = P100EWW
    DMCARRIER = Sprint

Also, I set up a new profile instead of using an existing one - had no issues doing that over ATT. I've also downloaded an app from the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    DMSETS shows 312, 317.
    Exact value is: {"sets":"312","317"}

Since you asked about these previously:
    DMMODEL = P100EWW
    DMCARRIER = Sprint

Also, I set up a new profile instead of using an existing one - had no issues doing that over ATT. I've also downloaded an app from the app catalog.
    That looks like a complete success to me.

-- Rod
    Since I don't need the phone radio on this particular device, I gave up & ran the regular old Sprint 2.1 wifi only upgrade and signed in with Impostah to an existing profile. I'm going to make another one of these in a couple weeks so I can try this again. Thanks again Rod and sorry I can't be more help right now. Judging from the reports here it seems I had a problem with my two build attempts.
    I don't take defeat easily! I ran Rod's script without the word "test" in it & BINGO! Works. Happy to report. I figured I might as well at least have it on a working network if possible. Don't have results of the first two build attempts to post here but it's working with the script in this thread - the word "test". Congratulations are in order on my new baby "Pregor" or whatever it is!!! (It DOES have an ugly useless hump on the front)
    That's good news! Good job, Mattee. Thanks again, Rod.

Know this is covered in other threads, but I'm pleasantly surprised how well 2.1 runs on the original Pre actually.
    +1, especially flash (overclocked w/F104 of course!)
    I gave this a try on an old Pre+ I had originally overwritten with Sprint tokens. Since I put it's original GSM back into it I was unable to use a profile with the standard 2.1 ATT upgrade procedure. I had neglected to save the original GSM tokens. The new script in this thread ran no prob & the double #*DEVMODE# trick ran flawlessly to skip first use & do my thing. I have a friend with a cracked iphone who's willing to give this a try on ATT. I tricked it out & overclocked it to try & convert him to webOS. I'll post results here if he takes me up on it. Impostah worked for this BTW so thanks again Rod & crew!
    (Sorry if this is the wrong place for this info, just updating my original progress in this thread)
    Not anything earth shaking here, but just thought I'd give an update that I tried the T-Mobile USA SIM in this phone (Sprint Pre- with comm board from unlocked GSM Pre2) and that works fine (well, on the services that are expected to work - no 3G, of course).
    I had some time to do some troubleshooting & digging around in my Build folder after attempting this on another device and found I did indeed have a corrupt Makefile present from a previous doctor. Rod's script does work well and I apologize for my earlier posts in this thread that may have wasted your time. I had to move the Makefile that was in the Build folder from a Sprint Pre + doctor I created and let Rod's script replace it with the one he created. I've managed to get my second one working without having AT&T service. I will donate it to a needy home soon & post back if it works on the AT&T network. From Scotland's post it sounds like it doesn't have data service though... (And I still like "Igor" because of the little hump it has!)
    DMSETS will be set to '312','317' by that script.

Are you *SURE* you don't have a REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK enabled somewhere?

-- Rod
    Dear Rod,

I have a similar problem. The value for DMSETS of my UK unlocked Palm Pre, webos 1.4.5 is {"sets": "312"}. When I doctored the phone, I enabled REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1. Now the phone is working (in Cyprus where I live), but I cannot create a profile or access the palm catalog. Can you help me please?

Here is also the link with a more detailed description of the problem: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3243091
    Quote Originally Posted by studyhood View Post
    Dear Rod,

I have a similar problem. The value for DMSETS of my UK unlocked Palm Pre, webos 1.4.5 is {"sets": "312"}. When I doctored the phone, I enabled REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1. Now the phone is working (in Cyprus where I live), but I cannot create a profile or access the palm catalog. Can you help me please?

Here is also the link with a more detailed description of the problem: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3243091
    You need to use the correct instructions which do not involved REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK. Anyone who tells you to use that option has the wrong instructions.

-- Rod
    You need to use the correct instructions which do not involved REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK. Anyone who tells you to use that option has the wrong instructions.

-- Rod
    Is there a way to disable REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK without doctoring the phone again?

Thank you,
    Quote Originally Posted by studyhood View Post
    Is there a way to disable REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK without doctoring the phone again?
    No.

-- Rod
    Does this require Ubantu?

Sent from my EVO 3D
    Greetings. I have a BellMo Pre that I've installed an unlocked GSM Pre2 comm board into. Is there a suitable metadoctor script to make this work? I'm hesitant to try the Sprint Pre- script mentioned earlier in this thread because I didn;t think that would work on a BellMo device.

BTW, I do have 4 working Pre2 GSM phones in the house, plus a couple spare parts piles from which I took this comm board. I do have the original BellMo Pre CDMA comm board (bad ESN), and a Vzn Pre+ comm board in the pile. I was hoping to be able to use the "GSM Bell Pre-" as a cheap prepaid phone/text unit.

Thanks,
    David Thacker
    Quote Originally Posted by dthacker View Post
    Greetings. I have a BellMo Pre that I've installed an unlocked GSM Pre2 comm board into. Is there a suitable metadoctor script to make this work? I'm hesitant to try the Sprint Pre- script mentioned earlier in this thread because I didn;t think that would work on a BellMo device.

BTW, I do have 4 working Pre2 GSM phones in the house, plus a couple spare parts piles from which I took this comm board. I do have the original BellMo Pre CDMA comm board (bad ESN), and a Vzn Pre+ comm board in the pile. I was hoping to be able to use the "GSM Bell Pre-" as a cheap prepaid phone/text unit.

Thanks,
    David Thacker
    I'm at work through this weekend so when I get a few I can dig into your situation and most likely come up with a solution to suit your specific needs. I'll have to read through the metadoctor instructions again since it's been a while but I'm pretty sure I can cook something up for you.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast