Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be able to put a sim card in and use it.

I've removed the 'test-' from the script name based on your success report.

Can you please add an appropriate section to the WebOS_2_Upgrade wiki page? --Rod
    Not sure which part you want me to add? Also, tried using Impostah to sign in with an existing profile & get "error code PAMS3101 invalid ROMToken build variant".
    Edit: Spent about half a day trying to login to a profile of any kind using Impostah with no luck. If you can't use a profile, you can't use the catalog. Any ideas on how to login?
    Last edited by matteebee13; 06/02/2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Has anyone actually gotten this to work with a profile yet and did we ever pick a winner?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Not sure which part you want me to add? Also, tried using Impostah to sign in with an existing profile & get "error code PAMS3101 invalid ROMToken build variant".
    Edit: Spent about half a day trying to login to a profile of any kind using Impostah with no luck. If you can't use a profile, you can't use the catalog. Any ideas on how to login?
    What's your DMMODEL, DMCARRIER and DMSETS token values?

There may be a change needed to the script to enable profile login.

-- Rod
    What's your DMMODEL, DMCARRIER and DMSETS token values?

There may be a change needed to the script to enable profile login.

-- Rod
    DMMODEL P100EWW
    DMCARRIER Sprint
    DMSETS {'sets': '312'}

I don't have the SIM card in it if that matters, but have the unactivated one available.
    DMMODEL P100EWW
    DMCARRIER Sprint

I don't have the SIM card in it if that matters, but have the unactivated one available.
    DMSETS is wrong - this causes the profile login error.

Exactly how did you build the doctor?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    DMSETS is wrong - this causes the profile login error.

Exactly how did you build the doctor?

-- Rod
    ./scripts/test-meta-wr-franken-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    ./scripts/test-meta-wr-franken-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    No local modifications to your Makefile?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    No local modifications to your Makefile?

-- Rod
    None.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 06/02/2011 at 06:03 PM.
    Thanks! Will look to give it a go tonight and let you know (you'll then have a 2nd datapoint).
    DMMODEL P100EWW
    DMCARRIER Sprint

DMSETS will be set to '312','317' by that script.

Are you *SURE* you don't have a REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK enabled somewhere?

-- Rod
    DMSETS will be set to '312','317' by that script.

Are you *SURE* you don't have a REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK enabled somewhere?

-- Rod
    I am sure. I didn't modify the script at all. I can try and remake it and run it again tonight and report back here shortly...
    I am sure. I didn't modify the script at all. I can try and remake it and run it again tonight and report back here shortly...
    Please do. I don't understand how you got the DMSETS value you got, and it's a serious issue if that is being set incorrectly by the meta-doctor so we should have seen lots of other reports about it too if that was the case.

-- Rod
    Hate to interrupt, but for the name... How about PrPrPr&#$275$;$gor$?
    Please do. I don't understand how you got the DMSETS value you got, and it's a serious issue if that is being set incorrectly by the meta-doctor so we should have seen lots of other reports about it too if that was the case.

-- Rod
    Running a remade doctor from the test script on my device right now... Results will post shortly; and I like "Bride of" or "Son of" personally.

-- Rod
    On a more serious note... I just checked DMSETS and it is still {"sets": "312"}. I think we have a problem. Can anyone else confirm? Scotland? How far along did you get?
    On a more serious note... I just checked DMSETS and it is still {"sets": "312"}. I think we have a problem. Can anyone else confirm? Scotland? How far along did you get?
    Can you check that you have a carrier/installer.xml file in your build directory, and it contains 317 ?

Also, please post a log from running the doctor on the command line.

-- Rod
    Is this the file you are referring to?
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Installer target="castle" version="408467" image="nova-cust-image" ramdisk="nova-installer-image" bootfile="boot-castle.bin">
    <RootFilesystem min="435318784"/>
    <ModemUpdater cdma="castlecdmafw.tar" umts="castleumtsfw.tar" world=""/>
    <DMSet token="312"/>
    <BatteryCheck token="1"/>
    </Installer>
    As you can see, the 317 appears to be missing. This is from the build folder containing this version of the doctor I just created with the script. I had to reboot my PC. What's the best method to get you a log? (My Terminal closed)
    Is this the file you are referring to?
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Installer target="castle" version="408467" image="nova-cust-image" ramdisk="nova-installer-image" bootfile="boot-castle.bin">
    <RootFilesystem min="435318784"/>
    <ModemUpdater cdma="castlecdmafw.tar" umts="castleumtsfw.tar" world=""/>
    <DMSet token="312"/>
    <BatteryCheck token="1"/>
    </Installer>
    As you can see, the 317 appears to be missing. This is from the build folder containing this version of the doctor I just created with the script. I had to reboot my PC. What's the best method to get you a log? (My Terminal closed)
    That's not from the carrier directory. That's the webOS directory installer.xml - there are two (which cause the two items in DMSETS).

-- Rod
    Actually, I don't believe you.

If you had used the script as it is currently released, there is a bug which is not changing the carrier token from ROW to Sprint in the doctor.

So a doctor created would not have even flashed on your device (it would have stopped with a token mismatch).

Hence my suspicion you have REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK enabled somehow, and that is causing the missing DMSET value.

I just tested the latest version of the script, and got 312,317 for DMSETS. So as far as I can see, the script is good.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/02/2011 at 10:33 PM.
    That's not from the carrier directory. That's the webOS directory installer.xml - there are two (which cause the two items in DMSETS).

-- Rod
    You will have to be a bit more specific. I did a search for the carrier directory in build file and get a list of 10 carrier related files. Do you have a better filepath to follow?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast