Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mine works...but I have a very weak Wi-FI signal...not sure what happened (I have to be within 10 feet of teh AP)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ./scripts/test-meta-wr-franken-sprint-pre-2.1.0

Give it a try and let me know.

-- Rod
    "your device is not compatible with this version of webosdoctor"
    redoctored with the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 --wifi-only script

working well

wifi not working well, was a missing torx screw that was causing a loose connection. if having wifi issues, make sure everything is properly screwed down (duh moment)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    "your device is not compatible with this version of webosdoctor"
    Full log of meta-doctor build and run please.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Full log of meta-doctor build and run please.

-- Rod
    yeah I know that was bad of me. sorry i didn't save it. But the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 worked as long as bypassed activation using dev mode code.

-- Rod
    I've been getting nowhere fast trying convert a Sprint Pre plused phone over to a NA unlocked GSM Pre + (using com board form unlocked GSM NA Pre 2). I just stumbled across this thread and will have to give that script a try.

BTW, my issue is the "Phone Error. Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved."

I have tried the memboot procedure to no avail.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I've been getting nowhere fast trying convert a Sprint Pre plused phone over to a NA unlocked GSM Pre + (using com board form unlocked GSM NA Pre 2). I just stumbled across this thread and will have to give that script a try.

BTW, my issue is the "Phone Error. Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved."

I have tried the memboot procedure to no avail.
    You have not provided the console output from running the webOS Doctor on the command line.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I Franken Pre'ed my unlocked Pre2 with my original Pre on sprint... Everything upgraded fine... Texting does not work. When I text out now... they get random characters... when the text me... nothing. Any ideas?

From Pre 1 to Pre 2 is amazing upgrade... Ready for Pre 3!
    rod i have the sprint pre- with unlocked gsm pre2 coms board in it. how do i doctor it for it to work on att?
    Bump. Is there a meta doctor script that matches this configuration (former Sprint Pre- with an comm board from unlocked GSM Pre2)? I would like to have this available as an option. I have an ATT simm to test with but want to use it as an unlocked world phone. TIA.

P.S. FrankenPre2 is really great!! Nice work. Many thanks to WebOS Internals!! I'll be making another donation shortly.
    Oh, sorry, Rod - I see your earlier post in this thread with the test meta script - I'll try that.
    The script did not work. Got the same message as cyberprashant - "Your device is not compatible with this version of webosdoctor" (it downloaded all the doctor jars, created the new image, started the Doctor utility, the device got the Palm logo, looked like it was about to doctor the device, then gave the message)

Final part of screen output is as follows:

leftToWrite 0
    Apr 25, 2011 8:34:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

update Loading Ramdisk50
    Apr 25, 2011 8:34:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:09 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : Sprint

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:10 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : row and carrierToken on the device is : sprint

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:18 PM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Apr 25, 2011 8:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

Apr 25, 2011 8:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:276)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Apr 25, 2011 8:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1303778118512
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Apr 25, 2011 8:35:18 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:276)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I can give you more info as needed.
    We can do a script for that. I guess it would be called a meta-wr-franken-ex-sprint-pre ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeward View Post
    I Franken Pre'ed my unlocked Pre2 with my original Pre on sprint... Everything upgraded fine... Texting does not work. When I text out now... they get random characters... when the text me... nothing. Any ideas?

From Pre 1 to Pre 2 is amazing upgrade... Ready for Pre 3!
    you may need to run the wr doctor again if you having issues like that !?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Name: Bofa-deez, or just "Bofa" for short
    I see pandas.
    Thanks, Rod - would be much appreciated.
    Bump. Just wondering - any updates on a script for a former Pre- that received the GSM unlocked commboard/radio from an unlocked Pre2? (this device is the opposite of the Sprint FrankenPre2). TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    Bump. Just wondering - any updates on a script for a former Pre- that received the GSM unlocked commboard/radio from an unlocked Pre2? (this device is the opposite of the Sprint FrankenPre2). TIA.
    test-meta-wr-franken-sprint-pre-2.1.0

Let me know if it works.

-- Rod

-- Rod
    I tried it and it works. Can I actually activate the phone on AT&T with a SIM card or is this a WiFi only device?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I tried it and it works. Can I actually activate the phone on AT&T with a SIM card or is this a WiFi only device?
    You should be able to put a sim card in and use it.

I've removed the 'test-' from the script name based on your success report.

Can you please add an appropriate section to the WebOS_2_Upgrade wiki page?

-- Rod
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast