Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    would love to sell my Pre+. What is the best place? Ebay? Here?
    what should I list as the price?
    it is a verizon phone.
    I have a wall charger, car charger, I also have a touchstone.
    I think it is in good shape.

ALSO how do I clear my info from the phone when I sell it?
    It's aways interesting when someone posts a thread like this in the Pre forum. It really means, "I am selling my pre. Is anyone interested in buying it?"

Why not just list it in the Marketplace forum or Ebay. To get a price, you can look on Ebay and see the prices for the completed listings in Ebay with the equivelent accessories.

To clear your info, go under Device Info, Reset Options, Full Erase.
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    would love to sell my Pre+. What is the best place? Ebay? Here?
    what should I list as the price?
    it is a verizon phone.
    I have a wall charger, car charger, I also have a touchstone.
    I think it is in good shape.

ALSO how do I clear my info from the phone when I sell it?
    I don't know the best way of doing this, but I did a secure full erase on the phone and then restarted the phone bypassing activation to make sure all of my data (pics etc) was erased. it was, but my phone number still showed up in device info. to get rid of that, you dial ##rtn#, and that brings up reverse logistics support. scroll to the bottom and tap on "reset" and enter the master subsidy lock (000000). that will reset the phone to factory settings and erase your number from the device info. i don't know if you can just do the ##rtn# and rest to erase all other data (pics, videos, music, etc), but that might negate the need to do a Full Erase.

i just sold my pre plus (with a dead pixel and small chip out of the top of phone) on ebay for $86. if yours is in good shape and has the touchstone, i'd think $100 would be fair if you're wanting to move it.
    Last edited by YankBoy; 03/17/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It's aways interesting when someone posts a thread like this in the Pre forum. It really means, "I am selling my pre. Is anyone interested in buying it?"

Why not just list it in the Marketplace forum or Ebay. To get a price, you can look on Ebay and see the prices for the completed listings in Ebay with the equivelent accessories.

i actually had the same questions a couple of weeks ago and had no plans to sell it here. i also didn't know what to do b/c a Full Erase didn't erase my number from the device info.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    i actually had the same questions a couple of weeks ago and had no plans to sell it here. i also didn't know what to do b/c a Full Erase didn't erase my number from the device info.
    The number won't be erased until it is activated by someone else on the new account. It can't be used until it is activated, so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess a doctor would erase it, but it is like ANY cdma phone you sell. The old number is in it until activated on a new account.
    The number won't be erased until it is activated by someone else on the new account. It can't be used until it is activated, so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess a doctor would erase it, but it is like ANY cdma phone you sell. The old number is in it until activated on a new account.
    i didn't think it was a big issue, but you never know these days. i did doctor it, but that didn't erase videos and stuff and didn't erase the number either. so then i did the Secure Full Erase and that got the data, but not the number. i'd be interested to know if a ##rtn# reset clears data like pictures, etc. it warns you that it's resetting the phone to factory settings so it seems like it would, but i don't know.

but, yes, if you list your phone on ebay it'll give you the average selling price of recently completed auctions for the Pre Plus. When I did mine just a couple weeks ago the average price was $88 I think, so I listed mine at buy-it-now for $86. i think i got a good price for a phone with one dead pixel (not noticeable) and one small chip from the very top of the phone. having a touchstone is a good selling point to get a little extra out of the auction.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

that really was not my intention- just looking for some advice! i figure all of yall have one and would not be looking anyway!

thanks for the advice about the erase!