1.    #1  
    I was running webOSdoctor and it failed sometime after the image on the screen switched to the chip with the arrow pointing at it and now it won't power up at all. I tried the power button and plugging in the USB cable. I've also removed and replaced the battery a few times and it still won't work. I'm now trying leaving the battery out for a little bit to see if that helps at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone else have a solution? I guess as a last resort I could try getting it exchanged at the Sprint store. I just got this from Asurion too. I cracked the screen on Pre # 4 and then the one they sent had a really greasy screen.

Note: I was using a 2.1 meta-doctor
    charge the phone directly from electric outlet
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    charge the phone directly from electric outlet
    I did try that but I'll try leaving it on the charger for a couple hours. The battery was fully charged however.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    I did look at that page but it doesn't have any instructions for the Pre not powering up at all. It doesn't even show up over USB.
    Did you try removing the battery and let it sit for a while before reinserting the battery?
    after letting it sit a few min with out the battery use recovery mode.

without battery, hold down the up-volume button and plug in the usb cable. Wait for big question mark.

while still holding that button insert battery. Once you see the usb symbol,release the button.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Did you try removing the battery and let it sit for a while before reinserting the battery?
    Yep. I left it for a couple hours.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    after letting it sit a few min with out the battery use recovery mode.

without battery, hold down the up-volume button and plug in the usb cable. Wait for big question mark.

while still holding that button insert battery. Once you see the usb symbol,release the button.
    Thanks! While I'm still not getting anything on the screen Linux does see a USB device, but it disconnects right away. This should be enough to try the last resort wiki page. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Looks like I'm not totally screwed after all.
  9.    #9  
    Good news. I was able to use the instructions on the wiki and got my Pre unbricked. I wish I had followed the warning and not tried this on my primary device, although I still kinda want to try the 2.1 meta-doctor again.