1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    My touchscreen died on my Sprint Pre this morning. I have tried all the physical hacks mentioned here in the forum (plugging in/tweaking USB, flexing phone, repeated opening and closing of the slider) but no luck. My touchscreen is dead. :-(

Sprint has a new/refurb phone on the way for me at no cost (yay Sprint) but I'm trying to figure out how to get all my data/apps/etc with no touchscreen. Are there any keyboard shortcuts that will get me into dev mode, etc? And then will I be able to actually do anything in those apps? I'd really like to minimize the loss of data. How can I do this with keyboard entry only?

I was able to get the phone into USB drive mode when plugged into my PC (Function+Sym+U) and have copied all those files to my PC.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance!
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    You won't have to worry about apps. Those are tied to your Palm Profile account, and will follow you to any Palm phone, old or new. I guess the only things you'll really lose are text messages.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I know I won't be too bad off. I have gotten all the media files, pix, vids, etc. as well as all the attachments from the texts. I just would like to keep all my patches, etc.

The complete lack of keyboard control is astounding when I think about it. Even if we had a "tab" key to move from app to app or link to link it would work. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

The other issue of course is when, oh when will we get a program for Pre that is equivalent to BackupBuddy? That made phone swaps sooooo easy. I know the whole 'app' concept has driven prices down on applications but I'd pay $20+ for BackupBuddy any day for the week.
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    You should be able to hook it to WebOS Quickinstall and grab your database file from /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3. If you are adventurous and want to try to restore your texts and stuff.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So my screen has become unresponsive from dropping it. I have managed to back up all my photos etc. but I want to wipe my phone before I return it.
    How can I put it into DevMode to doctor it without the use of a touchscreen?
    Please help!
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So my screen has become unresponsive from dropping it. I have managed to back up all my photos etc. but I want to wipe my phone before I return it.
    How can I put it into DevMode to doctor it without the use of a touchscreen?
    Please help!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ode-steps.html