1.    #1  
    I changed the background of my launcher using the instructions found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html

I'd like to uninstall it and change some colors, or maybe go back to the default. Just trying to find what I like best.

Any idea on how to remove a file from the phone that you sent using Quick Install? I've tried the "receive file" option but that doesn't delete anything from the phone. I don't see the file anywhere when I go into USB mode either. Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Yeah, I've tried posting over in that thread, but never got any replies. I guess I can just doctor to get back to factory settings.
  3.    #3  
    Is there really no way of undoing it besides doctor? I wouldn't have done it had I known it was semi-permanent.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just replace the files you replaced with original ones from a doctor. Download a doctor, use 7zip to open it.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Just replace the files you replaced with original ones from a doctor. Download a doctor, use 7zip to open it.
    I've got no idea what I replaced. I just sent 3 files to my phone using WebOS Doctor. I suppose I should have investigated it a little more closely before I did it, but it was so easy to do that I figured it'd be equally easy to undo. No so. It's not bad the way it is, I just don't like knowing that I can't change it if I wanted to.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't walk up a narrow alley, if you can't moonwalk,
    I'm impulsive...what can I say?
    Repair utility?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Moral of the story: NEVER send a file to your phone.
    Have you tried running the Repair Utility?

True moral or the story is to always use Preware for changing themes. In the future, never install themes with QuickInstall... always use Preware. This will give you the ability to install and uninstall themes quickly and easily right from your phone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

True moral or the story is to always use Preware for changing themes. In the future, never install themes with QuickInstall... always use Preware. This will give you the ability to install and uninstall themes quickly and easily right from your phone.
    Hmmm, yeah, I'm trying that, but can't get it to work. It said my WebOS Doctor wasn't the right version. So I deleted it, went to palm.com/rom and entered my s/n to get the right version. Now when I click to start the repair utility it says it can't run without downloading WebOS Doctor, which I already downloaded on my desktop from palm.com/rom. If I tell repair utility to go ahead and download Doctor, it doesn't give the option of a Verizon Pre 2 as a device. Guess it's not updated for the Pre 2/2.0 yet.
  11.    #11  

Yeah...lesson learned. I guess since I used WebOS Quick Install to send the file, it'd be just as easy to undo it.
    Make sure you have the Repair Utility and the Doctor in the same folder on your computer.
  13.    #13  
    Make sure you have the Repair Utility and the Doctor in the same folder on your computer.
    So, it will work with the Pre 2?
  14.    #14  
    I moved the WebOS Doctor that I saved from palm.com/rom and the repair utility to the same folder, but it still says I need to download Doctor when I click to start the utility. Guess it's just not up and running for the Pre 2 yet.
    Download attached zip and extract. Send each image to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

That'll get you back to stock
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by engee View Post

Awesome...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by engee View Post

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks!!