1.    #1  
    alright so i finally bit the bullet and put 2.1 on my sprint pre- ran perfectly, so no problems there, loaded preware, no problems, of course being apart of the webos community i cant just let it run as stock, so of course i needed to OC my device, as i has UK and before i went to 2.1 was using the f104 starfighter kernel with no issues at 1.1 ghz, f104 was just a place holder in preware so i couldnt load that, so i loaded f105 thunderchief, so i restart my phone and it'd only get to the initial splash screen with tux, then within 30sec. it goes to that reset screen with circle with the moving dots that says " do not remove battery", and powers off, i tried pulling the battery after it powered off, tried to boot it up, same deal, i have no clue what to do to revive/ restore my pre, i really to have to use my treo pro full time again, help please
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    F105, I've had problems with before. Just plug Ur phone into a wall jack n restart, than remove the F105 kernal. After the reboot, all be just fine. Ur Pre can't handle F105.

Let me know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
    alright so i finally bit the bullet and put 2.1 on my sprint pre- ran perfectly, so no problems there, loaded preware, no problems, of course being apart of the webos community i cant just let it run as stock, so of course i needed to OC my device, as i has UK and before i went to 2.1 was using the f104 starfighter kernel with no issues at 1.1 ghz, f104 was just a place holder in preware so i couldnt load that, so i loaded f105 thunderchief, so i restart my phone and it'd only get to the initial splash screen with tux, then within 30sec. it goes to that reset screen with circle with the moving dots that says " do not remove battery", and powers off, i tried pulling the battery after it powered off, tried to boot it up, same deal, i have no clue what to do to revive/ restore my pre, i really to have to use my treo pro full time again, help please

I had the same issues two days ago on my pre- (sprint) when I wanted to try the SR71 (1.2 GHz). I was stuck in reboot. Apparrently my Pre wears pink underwear.

I have been running F105 fine with no issues for about a week now.

These are the steps I followed to get out of the boot stage:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

I am back to the F105-20.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    sadly enough, same thing, even pulled the battery and tried another one i dont know what that would've done, but it was worth a shot, but no changes
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    just plug into a wall charger, n reboot. ull get enough juice to reboot ur phone, than uninstall the kernal. or it will continue to happen.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    To add to this, F105 will clock itself down to 500MHz when on wall power or I believe, on a Touchstone. Being connected to the computer via USB does NOT cause it to downclock to 500MHz.

Now, if you start with your Pre as I just mentioned, it will stay at the 500MHz and let you boot up, and from there, you can just go to Preware and uninstall.
    I've read that putting the phone in the freezer helps get it to boot, search and I'm sure you'll find it... I think it was in the AV8B thread.

Don't take my word for it though, I know it sounds risky...