1.    #1  
    I recently upgraded my VZW Pre+ to 2.1 and I've been pleased with it since the upgrade, especially now that I have Flash working, but I've been having some problems with charging on the Touchstone.
    When I put the phone on the charger I can see (thanks to Govnah) that the battery current is +ve (charging), it will do this until the battery reaches 100%, then when the phone is fully charged, the battery current will go -ve (discharging) as the phone starts to suck up battery power.
    The problem appears to be that when the phone has discharged down to some threshold (which I would expect to be around 90-95%) it doesn't begin recharging again. It just continues to drain the battery, this morning for example, after 8 hrs on the touchstone dock my phone was down to 13%.
    I thought it was a problem with exhibition mode sucking too much power but the phone does it even when exhibition mode is off.
    My wife's phone is still stock on 1.4.5 and she's not having any problems, so its not the touchstone.
    Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    I think there have been some touchstone issues similar to this that are unrelated to your upgrade. Does this happen when you charge via the usb port?

Check out this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link, I don't think this applies to my problem.
    Yes it does affect charging via the USB port, but less so... here's some more details for anyone who thinks they might be able to help.

Here is an example sequence of touchstone charging events.
    -----------------------------------------
    - Phone @ 80% charge
    - Put phone on touchstone
    - Govnah indicates 1GHz O/C back down to 500MHz, charging indicated in top right ('lightning bolt'), battery current up to approx. +500mA.
    - Frequency stays at 500MHz while battery current slowly decreases from ~+500mA to ~+200mA as battery approaches full charge.
    - When battery reaches full charge, O/C goes back up to 1GHz (phone still on Touchstone and 'lightning bolt' still indicates phone in charge mode) and battery current goes to ~-170mA.
    - Phone slowly discharges at ~-170mA and never goes back to a +ve battery current despite still being on the touchstone and still having the lightning bolt indicator showing the phone is in charge mode.
    --------------------------------------------

With USB charging...
    - Phone @ 80% charge
    - Connect USB charger (Palm OEM)
    - Govnah indicates 1GHz O/C back down to 500MHz, charging indicated in top right ('lightning bolt'), battery current up to approx. +550mA.
    - Frequency stays at 500MHz while battery current slowly decreases from ~+500mA to ~+200mA as battery approaches full charge.
    - When battery reaches full charge, O/C stays at 500MHz, 'lightning bolt' still indicates phone in charge mode and battery current goes to ~-25mA.
    - Phone slowly discharges at ~-25mA and never goes back to a +ve battery current despite still being still connected to the USB port.

-----------------------------------

The only difference between Touchstone and USB appears to be that Govnah will keep the Frequency at 500MHz with the USB attached, but will only stay at 500MHz until the first full charge is reached when on the Touchstone, then goes back up to 1GHz. In both cases though, the phone will continue to discharge after reaching full charge the first time, it just takes longer in USB mode due to the CPU frequency drawing less power.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try, or if you think you can help but need more information, please let me know.
    Odd I would rebuild your 2.1 metadoctor and re-doctor your phone to see if that helps.

I haven't had any problems like this on my 2.1 VZW Pre+.
  5.    #5  
    UPDATE:
    Before re-doctoring I thought I'd try swapping the battery between my phone and my wifes. With her battery in mine it charged fully without issues, to confirm the battery as the problem, I left my battery in my wife's phone overnight on the charger and sure enough this morning the phone was dead despite sitting on the charger.

My phone is a recent refurb replacement from VZW (keyboard issues) and I think they gave me a duff battery, time to go back to VZW store...
    Cool, glad to know you found the problem.