Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    After updating to 2.1, following the Meta Doctor scripts, my Pre + now often has poor battery life. Yesterday, it died after about 8 hours. Today was poor too. Once in a while, however it works very well. 2 days ago, for example, I used it frequently all day and it had about 67% battery life left after about 12 hours. Any thoughts?
  2. #2  
    This is a shot in the dark, BUT...

    My guess is that you are signed into an instant messenger, or your emails are updating too frequently.
  3.    #3  
    nope. I checked that. IM is signed out and email is set to manual update.

    It must be, however, a data deal. I went into phone preferences, turned off Data and it has held steady at 92% for about an hour. Previously this morning, it dropped from 100% to 92% in about 45 minutes. I used it for some light browsing and facebooking (about 10 minutes worth) earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ecstasy View Post
    This is a shot in the dark, BUT...

    My guess is that you are signed into an instant messenger, or your emails are updating too frequently.
    Last edited by chiefmanyrabbitguteat; 03/15/2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: update
  4. belvedere's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #4  
    Facebook?
  5. #5  
    8 hours would be good battery life for me.
  6. #6  
    I too have had issues with battery life after upgrading my VZW Palm Pre Plus. I am lucky to get 4 hours now. No idea what is draining it so much. Here is what I have done/checked:

    -Location Services off.
    -Use wifi most of the time.
    -email set to "as they arrive".
    -Facebook updates every 4 hours.
    -Weatherbug every 4 hours.
    -YouView background polling is off.
    -Govnah set to 500/800 screenstate.
    -I ran Dr. Battery and calibrated. Battery health is 66%. That sounds bad, but an extra 34% on a new battery wouldn't get me much more when I'm only getting 4 hours.

    The only 4 cards open all the time are email, calendar, google account search (agenda view), and Done!. Sometimes I leave weatherbug up but that only refeshes every 4 hours. Sometimes NHL Scores too but that is manual refresh.

    WebOS 2.1 is fantastic and I don't want to go back to 1.4.5 but having to recharge this often is ridiculous!

    Ideas?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Check your messaging app for any active im accounts & gps
  8. #8  
    I have found overall my battery life has improved significantly since I upgraded my Pre Plus 2.1. But three or four times now my battery has drained completely in 3-4 hours. I have not found any pattern to it yet.
  9. #9  
    Yeah, my messaging account is not logged in and gps is off.

    No idea....

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #10  
    I'm running F105 undervolted on performance mode, with the selios 2600mAh. This morning I woke up at 7am. At 9am the battery was at 83% according to device menu. I've rarely used it all day, just sending a couple texts and maybe browsing a few websites. Right now, at 7:20pm, without charging it at all today, it's at 73%.

    Yeah, my battery life is absolutely incredible.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  11. #11  
    I've experienced this problem too while using my VZW Pre+ with 2.1.

    I think the problem is related to a memory leak with the audio system in webOS.

    I've started a thread on this here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html.

    I would be very interested for folks reporting poor battery life:
    - are you playing music?
    - if so, follow the procedure that i link on post 1 of that thread and report your results.

    One day after playing music my battery dropped 30% in like 2 hours. As soon as i rebooted it was fine.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmanyrabbitguteat View Post
    nope. I checked that. IM is signed out and email is set to manual update.

    It must be, however, a data deal. I went into phone preferences, turned off Data and it has held steady at 92% for about an hour. Previously this morning, it dropped from 100% to 92% in about 45 minutes. I used it for some light browsing and facebooking (about 10 minutes worth) earlier.
    same here.
    it's really frustrating!
  13. #13  
    Just to update everyone ... My turbo drain went away for the time being. I went back and read through all the upgrade steps again to see if I missed anything. I forgot the last step which was to program the phone on VZW network. So here is what I did:

    1. Dial *228. Option 1 to program. I got a notification that programming was successful.

    2. Dial *228 again. Option 2 to update roaming. Got a notification programming was successful.

    3. Restarted phone.

    Most likely the restart cleared something and the phone programming had nothing to do with it. It is worth a shot though if you didn't do it.

    Hopefully the turbo drain doesn't return!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14. #14  
    Hi guys

    I have exactly the same program

    I upgraded my pre+, during few days no problems, I could use the phone during the day without problem, in fact the battery life was better than before.

    But after few days, the battery drain very quickly, in 4hours I have to plug it again.

    I call palm france, but they didn't know what happened, they just said, send us the battery for changing it

    I am trying to downgrade to 1.4.5, anyone knows what happens ?
  15. #15  
    Any Yahoo accounts, they're having problems with latest yahoo changes to their backend.
  16. #16  
    I downgraded to o1.4.5 and no problems with the battery
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    Just to update everyone ... My turbo drain went away for the time being. I went back and read through all the upgrade steps again to see if I missed anything. I forgot the last step which was to program the phone on VZW network. So here is what I did:

    1. Dial *228. Option 1 to program. I got a notification that programming was successful.

    2. Dial *228 again. Option 2 to update roaming. Got a notification programming was successful.

    3. Restarted phone.

    Most likely the restart cleared something and the phone programming had nothing to do with it. It is worth a shot though if you didn't do it.

    Hopefully the turbo drain doesn't return!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    If the PRL was old enough you might have been in a weak signal area a lot which would drain your battery quite quickly. Updating the roaming profile is what updates the PRL.
  18. #18  
    I've been having the same issue for the last few weeks. It has gotten to be VERY annoying. I've got followed phattysalz' instructions. I thought I had updated the PRL right after installing 2.1... but I'm not 100% sure because I installed 2.1 about 3 times...

    I'll report back later today on how my battery is doing.

    UPDATE: So far not well.... Since taking it off the charger an hour ago (it was at 100%) it has dropped to 88%... grr
    Last edited by minego; 04/01/2011 at 11:04 AM.

Posting Permissions