1.    #1  
    After updating to 2.1, following the Meta Doctor scripts, my Pre + now often has poor battery life. Yesterday, it died after about 8 hours. Today was poor too. Once in a while, however it works very well. 2 days ago, for example, I used it frequently all day and it had about 67% battery life left after about 12 hours. Any thoughts?
    This is a shot in the dark, BUT...

My guess is that you are signed into an instant messenger, or your emails are updating too frequently.
  3.    #3  
    nope. I checked that. IM is signed out and email is set to manual update.

It must be, however, a data deal. I went into phone preferences, turned off Data and it has held steady at 92% for about an hour. Previously this morning, it dropped from 100% to 92% in about 45 minutes. I used it for some light browsing and facebooking (about 10 minutes worth) earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ecstasy View Post
    This is a shot in the dark, BUT...

My guess is that you are signed into an instant messenger, or your emails are updating too frequently.
    Last edited by chiefmanyrabbitguteat; 03/15/2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Facebook?
    8 hours would be good battery life for me.
    I too have had issues with battery life after upgrading my VZW Palm Pre Plus. I am lucky to get 4 hours now. No idea what is draining it so much. Here is what I have done/checked:

-Location Services off.
    -Use wifi most of the time.
    -email set to "as they arrive".
    -Facebook updates every 4 hours.
    -Weatherbug every 4 hours.
    -YouView background polling is off.
    -Govnah set to 500/800 screenstate.
    -I ran Dr. Battery and calibrated. Battery health is 66%. That sounds bad, but an extra 34% on a new battery wouldn't get me much more when I'm only getting 4 hours.

The only 4 cards open all the time are email, calendar, google account search (agenda view), and Done!. Sometimes I leave weatherbug up but that only refeshes every 4 hours. Sometimes NHL Scores too but that is manual refresh.

WebOS 2.1 is fantastic and I don't want to go back to 1.4.5 but having to recharge this often is ridiculous!

Ideas?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Check your messaging app for any active im accounts & gps
    I have found overall my battery life has improved significantly since I upgraded my Pre Plus 2.1. But three or four times now my battery has drained completely in 3-4 hours. I have not found any pattern to it yet.
    Yeah, my messaging account is not logged in and gps is off.

No idea....

I'm running F105 undervolted on performance mode, with the selios 2600mAh. This morning I woke up at 7am. At 9am the battery was at 83% according to device menu. I've rarely used it all day, just sending a couple texts and maybe browsing a few websites. Right now, at 7:20pm, without charging it at all today, it's at 73%.

Yeah, my battery life is absolutely incredible.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I've experienced this problem too while using my VZW Pre+ with 2.1.

I think the problem is related to a memory leak with the audio system in webOS.

I've started a thread on this here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html.

I would be very interested for folks reporting poor battery life:
    - are you playing music?
    - if so, follow the procedure that i link on post 1 of that thread and report your results.

One day after playing music my battery dropped 30% in like 2 hours. As soon as i rebooted it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmanyrabbitguteat View Post
    nope. I checked that. IM is signed out and email is set to manual update.

It must be, however, a data deal. I went into phone preferences, turned off Data and it has held steady at 92% for about an hour. Previously this morning, it dropped from 100% to 92% in about 45 minutes. I used it for some light browsing and facebooking (about 10 minutes worth) earlier.
    same here.
    it's really frustrating!
    Just to update everyone ... My turbo drain went away for the time being. I went back and read through all the upgrade steps again to see if I missed anything. I forgot the last step which was to program the phone on VZW network. So here is what I did:

1. Dial *228. Option 1 to program. I got a notification that programming was successful.

2. Dial *228 again. Option 2 to update roaming. Got a notification programming was successful.

3. Restarted phone.

Most likely the restart cleared something and the phone programming had nothing to do with it. It is worth a shot though if you didn't do it.

Hopefully the turbo drain doesn't return!

Hi guys

I have exactly the same program

I upgraded my pre+, during few days no problems, I could use the phone during the day without problem, in fact the battery life was better than before.

But after few days, the battery drain very quickly, in 4hours I have to plug it again.

I call palm france, but they didn't know what happened, they just said, send us the battery for changing it

I am trying to downgrade to 1.4.5, anyone knows what happens ?
    Any Yahoo accounts, they're having problems with latest yahoo changes to their backend.
    I downgraded to o1.4.5 and no problems with the battery
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    Just to update everyone ... My turbo drain went away for the time being. I went back and read through all the upgrade steps again to see if I missed anything. I forgot the last step which was to program the phone on VZW network. So here is what I did:

1. Dial *228. Option 1 to program. I got a notification that programming was successful.

2. Dial *228 again. Option 2 to update roaming. Got a notification programming was successful.

3. Restarted phone.

Most likely the restart cleared something and the phone programming had nothing to do with it. It is worth a shot though if you didn't do it.

Hopefully the turbo drain doesn't return!

If the PRL was old enough you might have been in a weak signal area a lot which would drain your battery quite quickly. Updating the roaming profile is what updates the PRL.
    I've been having the same issue for the last few weeks. It has gotten to be VERY annoying. I've got followed phattysalz' instructions. I thought I had updated the PRL right after installing 2.1... but I'm not 100% sure because I installed 2.1 about 3 times...

I'll report back later today on how my battery is doing.

UPDATE: So far not well.... Since taking it off the charger an hour ago (it was at 100%) it has dropped to 88%... grr
    Last edited by minego; 04/01/2011 at 11:04 AM.