1.    #1  
    My sprint pre suddenly went into "phone offline" mode out of no where last night. I took out the battery, restarted everything and everything seemed fine. I then went to bed and some time when I was asleep, my phone went into "phone offline" mode again. and when it is in that mode, the battery doesnt charge. now i have it hooked up to the charger and it's still losing battery like (currently 9%). My phone had never had this problem ever before and in a blink of an eye, it won't even work.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! IM EXTREMELY POed
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/14/2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Language
  2.    #2  
    bump.
    please help!
    Maybe a bad battery...? have you tried Dr. Battery to see if that has any insight?

Also check out this thread (which i found with a google search using the extra parameter "site: forums.precentral.net"): http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...shuts-off.html
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejasonnguyen View Post
    My sprint pre suddenly went into "phone offline" mode out of no where last night. I took out the battery, restarted everything and everything seemed fine. I then went to bed and some time when I was asleep, my phone went into "phone offline" mode again. and when it is in that mode, the battery doesnt charge. now i have it hooked up to the charger and it's still losing battery like (currently 9%). My phone had never had this problem ever before and in a blink of an eye, it won't even work.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! IM EXTREMELY POed
    Even though you've gotten some good directions here, if you have insurance, you might want to take it to Sprint - they just replaced mine for the same reason.
    Exactly. As I mention in the other thread:
    Please this is really a last option kind of thing. Have it repaired under warranty before you try this.
    Also, as per my previous post, you could also just not 'Indiana Jones' your Pre and send it in for repair. I even advise you to do so. Disclaimer: proceed at your own risk.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    as stated above try the search button.

My answer was taking it into a Sprint Store ( an actual sprint store not a franchise with a sprint logo) and they just replaced the darn thing free of charge in 20 minutes instead of trying to fix it. My local store seems to hand out replacement Pre's like candy. Good luck to you.