Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    This has nothing to do with me meta-doctoring my Pre up to 2.1 or installing flash whatsoever. But once again I have a dead speaker in the headset as of last night. I think I am just getting a run of bad hardware from this Sprint. This has got be be like the 4th one that I have gotten from them that has had this problem, on 2 of them the headsets died before I even left the store!

I think once you hit so many replacements over the same issue in a 30 day period, they just give you a new phone (not a Pre but something comparable {Yea I know, what a joke, as if they have anything comparable!})

It would be nice to have new hardware but I dont want to migrate away from WebOS just yet until I know whether or not the Pre3 will be coming to Sprint, but I am afraid if I keep having this same problem, through no fault of my own, I will have single handedly exhausted their entire inventory of refurbished Palm Pres in a quest to get one that does not suck!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Plus it! Or Pre 2 it!

Verizon Pre Pluses are getting really cheap.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Well I am officially done now... well atleast until the Pre3 launches. Sprint offered me a replacement for my Pre, either a Blackberry Tour or a HTC Hero. I wasnt going to the yucky Tour so I opted for the Hero. And while my suspicions about Android and its UI were absolutely correct... Its horrible! I am glad to have goof solid hardware.

I am buying a Sprint Pre from a friend of mine here soon, so I wont be absolutely done with WebOS for now but I am sad to not have a Pre right now.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    You could get a Pre 2, Sprintify it, and have quality hardware running webOS. If I were in your position and I could get my hands on a Pre 2, that's what I would do.
    Is anyone offering a Sprintify service for the Pre 2? I have a way of getting my hands on a 2, and recall someone offered a service. Was it wedOSinternals? or webOSroundup? Anyone got a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by ballnchain90 View Post
    Is anyone offering a Sprintify service for the Pre 2? I have a way of getting my hands on a 2, and recall someone offered a service. Was it wedOSinternals? or webOSroundup? Anyone got a link?
    Device Services | WebOS World
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Well I am officially done now... well atleast until the Pre3 launches. Sprint offered me a replacement for my Pre, either a Blackberry Tour or a HTC Hero. I wasnt going to the yucky Tour so I opted for the Hero. And while my suspicions about Android and its UI were absolutely correct... Its horrible! I am glad to have goof solid hardware.

I am buying a Sprint Pre from a friend of mine here soon, so I wont be absolutely done with WebOS for now but I am sad to not have a Pre right now.
    Dude, you got jipped...after that much trouble, I wouldn't settle for either a tour OR a hero. I would have argued for an Optimus S, MUCH nicer than a hero. Comparable specs, and I can personally vouche for how awesome the Optimus is once it's been rooted/custom rom'd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ballnchain90 View Post
    Someone posted a link but I'm pretty sure you don't have enough posts to see it.

Just go to webosworld. com and you should be able to find device services from there.