Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am swapping Pre's due to an odd issue with my keyboard. I used Sprint's on-line service, however I can't get the new pre signed on to my Palm Profile. It keeps telling me I need to be connected to my providers network, but the phone shows 5 bars.

Do I need to wipe my old phone before I can sign on to my profile w/ my new one? I was really hoping to keep the games and some apps on it to use as a music player and for entertainment via wifi.
    my data has been out all day.. Maybe an outage?? Wishful thinking with fingers crossed..
    tp
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    It would be nice if it was just that, but I had data on my old pre right before I switched. I had problems with my palm profile last time I had to swap pre's (yay hardware!) so I was really dreading swapping this time. For good reason, it turns out. But I just couldn't live with having to use the on-screen keyboard to type Z, C, B, M or return any longer and could not find a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcurt10 View Post
    I am swapping Pre's due to an odd issue with my keyboard. I used Sprint's on-line service, however I can't get the new pre signed on to my Palm Profile. It keeps telling me I need to be connected to my providers network, but the phone shows 5 bars.

Do I need to wipe my old phone before I can sign on to my profile w/ my new one? I was really hoping to keep the games and some apps on it to use as a music player and for entertainment via wifi.
    I don't believe that you should have to wipe your old device...
    If you're on Sprint hardware i would call sprint and ask them for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    my data has been out all day.. Maybe an outage?? Wishful thinking with fingers crossed..
    tp
    If you updated to 2.1 you should also update your PRL, since the 2.1 doctor doesn't have the latest PRL in it. There is a thread on this topic that has been under discussion the past couple weeks.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Nick, I am indeed on Sprint. We haven't gotten (and I guess wont be getting) any new updates since 1.4.5, I believe, so I am still on that. Either way, I can't update my PRL because I can't sign in to a Palm Profile - or even create a new profile - until the device recognizes that I am connected to their network, and you can't access any options till you're signed in.

It is getting late & I don't have the energy to deal w/ a Sprint Rep, I guess I'll call them in the morning.

This is my 4th pre, and as much as I love webOS, I just don't think it has been worth the hassle. I really don't want to jump ship, but those evo's are looking better & better. sigh.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    After about an 45 minutes on the phone w/ Sprint, they FINALLY got to the step in their manual to reset the phone - which I told them we needed to do in the 1st minute of the call. After the reset I was good to go. Only took about an hour overall this morning.

BTW, you can get to the keypad before setting up your profile by pressing ## on the keypad. I figured that out myself after a while, and that helped to get to the reset.

Now I'll just wait a couple more hours for my data to load back and fire up WebOSQI so I can use save/restore. FUN!
    I am trying to activate a Sprintified Pre 2. It is also showing me 5 bars and Sprint but saying it needs to be connected to the providers service. Now it is giving me activation errors! I'm on my 4th Sprint rep with my fingers crossed, I fear they may get stuck that way!