1.    #1  
    I bought a new out the box pre today and went ahead and installed preware and all my patches and everything...then I realize I forgot to update the phone to webos 1.4.5...so do I have to unistall all my patches and apps off preware and everything then update my phone...then re-do the whole preware and patches over again on 1.4.5?

thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...iscussion.html

This thread here might help you out.
    it appears the link is broken. I'll copy/paste what it says for you.

Official webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

• webOS 1.4.5 Discussion - all general discussion

• webOS 1.4.5 New Features & Changes - only post new features & changes found

• webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion - posts specifically about patches

• webOS 1.4.5 Issues - issues with webOS only. Post App problems in their threads.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES.

Remove all Patches and Themes
    Using WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click Tools → Themer → Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Luna Restart

Using Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages → Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK → OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and
    tap Emergency Patch Recovery → Install

Please include your carrier, phone model, when the problem occurred, what you were doing, etc.

Patches from preware are AUPT safe. This means that when there is an OTA update it is OK to leave them installed. If AUPT determines that the patch will not work with the new version of the OS a place holder is installed. The purpose of this place holder is so that when a new updated version of your installed patch(es) have been released preware can make installation simple!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    in preware use the "saved package list" followed by save/restore app to back everything to make reinstall of homebrew easy.