1.    #1  
    I searched through all the threads before attempting my upgrade. I am so happy I got it all working with the uberkernal installed this phone flys!! everything runs flawlesssly I can purchase new apps and everything. I wish to thank this whole forum and WebOS internals. I plan to donate to them after I post this. They made my phone outstanding!!!!

Tony
    Last edited by SprintPre-1983; 03/14/2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Any luck installing apps like Koto Player Lite?

I keep getting the message "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."

I think this is a consequence of the fact that (I have webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre- as well) my Palm profile shows version 1.40.50 even though my phone shows version 2.1.

The upgrade webOS Internal Wiki suggests that there is currently no solution for this issue, but not sure if there is some other way of working around it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That is the post I was waiting for. I use navigation just about everyday. Anyway you can post what steps and downloads you used?
    I have the same setup - just finished it 20 hours ago. Flash is still not working right, but I am sure I can figure that out. Mine reports 2.1 everywhere, and app catalog seems to work 100%. I followed the advice to turn off the backup and delete the online backup first - I wonder if that is why my experience went smoother than mpagano's above? I lost my Memo's, but all other data is on my exchange server - so no loss of data.
    everything works here too. Just installed koto light just to check. No problems.
    My app catalog works kinda 100% too.

However, it doesn't show apps that are specifically for webOS 2.0+, probably because of the version 1.40.50 showing on my Palm Profile. I had somehow gotten stuck on that version for some time now and before I upgraded to 2.1. I guess that's the main problem I have to resolve.

BTW I also have Sprint Nav and flash working, but I took out flash because it was too sluggish to be useful.

Instructions for how to get Sprint Nav is in the first post of the following thread:
    "Any one get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?"

And instructions to get flash is in the first post of the following thread:
    "How to get Flash on legacy devices with 2.1.0"

Can any of you guys report on basic performance. SLuggish, lagging...etc....... Once in a while sluggish, never? usually?? TMC errors?? considering the Sprint Pre memory or is it better in 2.1?? Anything else that might help us decide to take the plunge.

I know some of this has been talked about but I like to get yo' allz take as well.

THanks-
    Tom
    i am running f-105 with the unset cfq schedular patch. everything loads very fast. there may be a moment of lag here and there but nothing that 145 didnt have. most apps that dont require gps or internet loading load in one blink. have yet to have a tmc error even when i was running uk. i have compcache set to 64 mb. i love it. never going back.
    I can state this for a fact. After installing 2.1 and the overclock kernel my phone runs just as smooth maybe better now. The animations are great. the patches I want are there. Except a few. I was scared to do this a week ago but now its almost dumby proof. Landford go for it. You won't be disappointed. I ran into one problem and that was the dr skipped first used error in my profle. but so far this hasn't bothered my phone at all. All my paid apps downloaded and I can download 2.0 apps in the store.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    I wish to thank this whole forum and WebOS internalz.
    We prefer that you do not put the warez-connotation 'z' on the end of WebOS Internals, thanks.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    My sprint pre runs 2.1 well. I've installed uberkernal, but scaling the CPU seems to cause it to crash.

No biggie, it runs 2.1 at 500Mhz just as well as it did 1.4.5 overclocked. In someways, i'd say runs better

As it turns out, I simply had to re-run the 2.1 upgrade script for Sprint to get my Profile to reflect 2.1 instead of 1.40.50.

My initial upgrade was based on a previous version of the script, which was probably around the 4th of March, 2010.

At any rate, thanks to webOS Internals for all their work on providing useful and easy to use utilities, tools, frameworks to keep the homebrew engine running as well as keeping the webOS community excited. Thanks!!! (please look out for my donation when the month rolls over)

Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    My app catalog works kinda 100% too.

However, it doesn't show apps that are specifically for webOS 2.0+, probably because of the version 1.40.50 showing on my Palm Profile. I had somehow gotten stuck on that version for some time now and before I upgraded to 2.1. I guess that's the main problem I have to resolve.

BTW I also have Sprint Nav and flash working, but I took out flash because it was too sluggish to be useful.

Instructions for how to get Sprint Nav is in the first post of the following thread:
    "Any one get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?"

And instructions to get flash is in the first post of the following thread:
    "How to get Flash on legacy devices with 2.1.0"

13.    #13  
    Sorry about that didn't realize I Put a z on internals in my opening post. Thank you again webos internals. So far my phone run flawlessly, Nav works great flash runs smooth with the uberkernal got it running at 1hgz it flys, all my patches work great So glad i did it. Runs 100 times btr than 145 did. No reason not to do it now if your afraid.
    what happens if you install uberkernerl on Webos 2.1.0 but not Govnah? are there any speed improvements?
  15.    #15  
    I have govnah installed on there as well. I was under the impression that govnah controlled the kernal without it. there would be no way to set it to a higher speed. Was I mistaken with that?
    can you describe, in detail, the steps you took to upgrade to 2.1
    Be sure to include where you got the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfiudo View Post
    can you describe, in detail, the steps you took to upgrade to 2.1
    Be sure to include where you got the files.
    look in the webosinternals.org page, and you will see a gigantic icon for Sprint Pre 2, Create your own Sprint Pre 2.