Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since downloading 2.1.0 onto my Pre-, everytime I try to listen to my music app the voice dial app opens thinking I am trying to make a call. The frequency of this is sporadic. Sometimes it will happen once or twice only and sometimes a dozen times so that I have to quit listening to music. It also happens when I listen to Slacker Radio. Does this happen to anyone else? It is quite annoying.
    it happens to me when i plug in a 3.5mm cable =|
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I think pre- 2.1 hates music! Bluetooth range to my home stereo bluetooth gateway dropped from anywhere in the room under every build of webos to less than 3 feet with 2.1.

More to your issue: My volume-up is sketchy...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it initiates voice dial.
    it launches because you are mashing the volume up button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it launches because you are mashing the volume up button.
    Having to constantly fiddle with the volume-up button to get the volume to actually go up might have something to do with that.
    you can remove the volume rocker and possible fix the buttons underneath it. ( comes off from the top down. (half way down page) Palm Pre Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    it happens to me when i plug in a 3.5mm cable =|
    This happens to me to when I plug a 3.5mm cable from my 2.1 Pre- into my car's aux jack. Very annoying!

Hopefully there will be a patch to fix that.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8.    #8  
    it is happening without any manipulation of the volume keys. Usually in my car while plugged into the stereo or at work plugged into the stereo.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Add another to this list
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Time to switch to bluetooth, folks. For car use i'd recommend the Satechi SoundFly BT. The hardware is solid, though the UI is not intuitive.

No voice dial issues with BT audio for me. Can't speak to the previous poster's comment about decreased range.
    This is happening to me too. Is there any way to disable the Voice Dial app completely??
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    This is happening to me too. Is there any way to disable the Voice Dial app completely??
    Lets hope so. I have to restart my phone to be able to hear anything or change the volume after the voice dial app opens...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    I've had no troubles. The only problem I've had is the random restarts with the virtual keyboard

I'm running a Verizon Pre Plus webOS 2.1 at 1GHz.
    I have the same issue...this is ridiculous after I updated my pre plus to a 2.1
    same here. It pops up while browsing or texting. Pre- 2.1
    Reproduced this on my GSM Pre2 using 2.1.0 Just plugged in some desktop speakers and it popped up without touching anything. Same for yalls or is it only occurring when you fiddle with the volume? Does it occur if the screen is off or in exhibition mode?
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/13/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    thats the only prob i have with 2.1 now. The voice dial popping up out of nothing on my pre-. Is there a patch for this bug? As a matter of fact, i dont even have an icon with voice dial on my launcher so why is this popping up all of a sudden at all times?
    Could look into a patch to disable Voice Dial trigger through external outputs. Bad news it would disable the trigger when you really want to do it through the headphones or maybe even carkits.

i really dont use voice dial so is there a way to stop it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    i really dont use voice dial so is there a way to stop it?
    Cannot stop it but can be uninstalled if you dont use it. Run the following in terminal:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipk remove pmvoicecommand
    mount -o remount,ro /

reboot
    This perma-removes voicedial. Im trying to find the event trigger to disable for audiojack with the limited time for this option would prolly be less obtrusive and still have it.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/13/2011 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast