Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    One of the Pre+s in our house was just replaced because of... well a lot of things. Anyways, the original phone was backed up and all the files are now sitting waiting to go onto the newly activated replacement; the problem is midway through copying files over it seems that the computer loses its connection with the phone. The phone still thinks its connected, the computer knows there's something plugged in, but that's as far as it gets.

I've tried different cords, restarting both the phone and the computer multiple times and without fail the copying fails with a could not find destination error and sometimes a delay write error (winxp 32). Is this a problem with the phone, the computer, me, some combination thereof?

If it makes a difference, I was able to get preware and save/restore (and their dependencies) installed via webOS Quick Install and did manage to copy the save/restore backups and restore them before the errors stated popping up.

I can run a doctor (though the person who's phone it is thinks doctoring is a ridiculous thing for an end user to do), if that's the right direction to head.
    Doctoring is not a ridiculous thing to do. All it does is reset your phone. Your USB partition should be preserved so you can then restore data using Preware and Save/Restore. If nothing else works, you could try doctoring.

In the meantime, if you want those files on your phone right now, you could try the Wifi Media Sync app. It allows transfers from PC to phone and from phone to PC over wifi without requiring a connection over USB. Of course, you'll need to have a wifi network over which you can connect.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Doctoring is not a ridiculous thing to do.
    My thoughts exactly lol, but explaining that to her is like talking to a wall. So is that the rout I should take? I know it can't hurt but I'd rather not do that unless I have to.
    If it still doesn't work after a few reboots, you might have to doctor. I remember a while back I was having problems with the USB partition, but it solved itself. The problem was that it wouldn't let me write any files to USB, so I couldn't move anything to the phone. After plugging and unplugging a few times, a little popup appeared telling me some data was lost and I should disconnect from the computer before removing the USB cable, but it went back to normal after getting that message.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yeah its about 6 or so reboots in and still not working, A few times it mentioned recovering corrupt data and said all was good, but things still don't work. Also, it seems that it keeps forgetting bluetooth devices (the constantly need to be re-paired).

Looks like her phone will be taking a trip to the doctor.