Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Is the carrier specification between Sprint/Cricket merely in the webos doctor? I want to get a kid setup on a Pre- on Cricket since it's no-contract and cheap.

There's only a few really ancient Cricket threads here, so I wasn't sure if there would be any answers.

Can I simply modify something in a Sprint webos doctor to make a Pre- Cricket compatible? Then just call, activate, etc?

Or is it more complicated?

Does the same go with 2.1 meta-doctors?
    Any phone that runs on Sprint should basically need to have the Cricket PRL loaded, and the MSL changed to 000000 in order to work for talk and text. This information can be found in those old threads you were talking about. Once you've done that you will need to provide the phones ESN to cricket to add to the account. Preferably via phone customer service, and not in person.

You will need a meta-doctor to bypass activation anyway, so i don't see why 2.1 would not work.

WAP and MMS however are a totally different story, and if cricket still uses a proxy you will have a hard time with WAP (though there are solution) and I doubt you will get MMS working at all.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I sent him an e-mail. If MMS/3G doesn't work, then I really don't have a purpose for the phone as I suspect the kid will be mostly texting.