Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently received my Pre 2 and did a comm board swap. I also put the Pre 2 comm board into my old Sprint Pre -. What could I do with it? (The GSM Pre-)

Is it actually still usable? ( I assume it is ) What doctor would I use to doctor it back to GSM usability?
    Sprint Love
  2.    #2  
    Also, has anyone tried using a GSM Pre - ? (that they comm board swapped)
    Sprint Love
    I actually want to know about this too. I can turn on the Pre- and it still works just like it did before, except it says "Phone Offline". I didn't want to risk leaving it on just in case it will erase the Palm Profile on my Sprint Pre 2.

I tried to doctor it using the metadoctors for GSM Pre-, but none of them work. I haven't tried 1.4.5 doctors for GSM Pre-.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Doctor it to 2.1 and use it as a dev device to help me write the next "Souper App"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    Doctor it to 2.1 and use it as a dev device to help me write the next "Souper App"
    I think we're trying to figure out what doctor that would work.

Does anyone have an answer?
    Sprint Love
    I tried the metadoctor for O2 and the metadoctor for WR Pre-, but both didn't work. All the other doctors are for CDMA Pre or Pre+.
    I got one and had put it back into my old Pre-minus of a Plussing of an AT&T Pre Plus. Ran it at 1.4.5 then upgraded it to 2.1.0.

Just went through the process of taking it out to add a Sprint com board back into the Pre- so my daughter could us a Pre instead of a Pixi.

This board was unlocked through Nexgen.

Send me a PM.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've got the same thing. I Sprint-ed my Pre 2, and put the GSM com board into my old Pre-, which a friend wants to use on AT&T. Haven't been able to get a tweaked meta-doctor to work yet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I've got the same thing. I Sprint-ed my Pre 2, and put the GSM com board into my old Pre-, which a friend wants to use on AT&T. Haven't been able to get a tweaked meta-doctor to work yet.
    So we don't have an answer for this yet huh?

I'm really curious about this to see if we could get a gsm Pre - to work.

Sprint Love
  10.    #10  
    Or maybe Rod or Ed could create a one time custom script for us to use.
    Sprint Love
    There are GSM Pre-'s out there. I just can't get a 2.1 metadoctor for any of those Pre's working on the formerly-Sprint GSM Pre.

12.    #12  
    Well, it has the Pre 2 comm board in it, so it's a bit different. I don't think any of the regular doctors work with it. I'm trying to download some of the doctors now but we'll see.
    Sprint Love
    I've tried the regular 1.4.5 GSM doctors and they don't work either.

If the comm board is different, we'll probably have to wait for a new metadoctor from webOS Internals.

In the meantime, how can I "log out" of my Palm Profile on the GSM Pre-? I just want to use it as a wifi device for now.

14.    #14  
    Full resetting your phone should log you out, if I remember correctly.

Sprint Love
  15.    #15  
    I've just gotten to thinking about this, will this phone need a GSM Pre 2 specific doctor? Since it has the comm board of the Pre 2 in there?

I'm just trying to figure out how it would all work. It's a [Sprint] Pre - with a Pre 2 GSM comm board in there. Has anyone tried the unlocked doctors for this?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    In the meantime, how can I "log out" of my Palm Profile on the GSM Pre-? I just want to use it as a wifi device for now.
    You can re-run first app.... but that would require you to create a DIFFERENT profile... without desturbing the rest of the contents of your pre.... If you log into a different profile be warned it will look for the backup and overwrite settings in your pre if they exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    You can re-run first app.... but that would require you to create a DIFFERENT profile... without desturbing the rest of the contents of your pre.... If you log into a different profile be warned it will look for the backup and overwrite settings in your pre if they exist.
    Full resetting, suggested six days ago, worked just fine, thanks.
  18.    #18  
    Has anyone had a solution for this yet? Still nothing?
    Sprint Love
    I'm just using it as a wifi device for now. I'd love it if there was a metadoctor to get it working with the GSM comm board.

20.    #20  
    Agreed! It is at least possible right?

Is anyone on good terms with rod and could convince him to help with this?

Sprint Love
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast