Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I spent the better part of today trying to get this to work. I tried a bunch of different methods and got what I believe is half way. I did the following:

1. Before I disassembled the Pre2, I got the tokens using the Show Properties app
    2. I created my Sprint FrankenPre 2 and a WR FrankenPre Plus (I had a Verizon PrePlus and was going to created a Sprint PrePlus, but then got a Pre2)
    3. To transfer the tokens, I used the Unlocked WR 2.1.0 doctor from the W-I Wiki along with the step-by-step Sprint PrePlus guide on the W-I Wiki page changing only DEVICE = pre and CARRIER = sprint to "preplus" and "wr" respectively.
    4. After the meta-doctor ran, the phone booted up fine, I used the "#*DEVMODE#" shortcut to turn on DEVMODE
    5. I put in my GoSIM SIM card and rebooted
    6. When the phone came up, everything seemed to work fine, I was even able to receive a text message from the GoSIM website.

HOWEVER, the following did not work...
    - SIM Toolkit is missing
    - I can't seem to make a phone call, I have not tried to receive a call yet

I tried a bunch of different meta-doctors that didn't seem to work. I'm going to try the O2 script now as the Wiki suggests. I'll report back with my results.

EDIT: The O2 script for 2.1.0 failed. I got the "Your device is not compatible with this version of webOS Doctor" error.

I installed the Show Properties app on this and it shows that the tokens did transfer successfully (comm tokens), but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

EDIT2: I just called the phone from Skype (the GoSIM number is Estonia and I'm in NJ) and it rang fine. I just can't seem to place an outgoing call, which may be a problem with GoSIM and not the phone. I was able to place a call when it was the GSM Pre2, but I had the SIM Toolkit installed. When I try to make a call with the FrankenPre+ it gets stuck saying "Connecting". When I finally hang up the call. I get an "Unable to connect. Phone is locked." error, but I know the phone is not locked.

I think I need a way to get a clean install of webOS on this with SIM Toolkit showing as an app.

Kevin
    Last edited by DDT1345; 04/02/2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm thinking I might be having trouble because on the downgrade you might NOT want to transfer the DMMODEL token.

Under device info for my WR FrankenPre+ (Verizon Pre Plus + WR Comms Board) it shows P101EWW, which is the model number for a Verizon CDMA PrePlus. However, the token for the WR Pre2 (P102UNA) was successfully written.

I'm thinking I might want to change the DMMODEL token to P101UEU (Europe) or P101UNA (AT&T).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I ended up changing the PRODoID to P101UEU along with changing the standard comms tokens. I did it using a meta-doctored version of the 2.1.0 version for WR PrePlus.

I was not able to get SIM Toolkit to show up, I guess this is not a part of the WR PrePlus doctor? I grabbed it from the Pre2 doctor and forced an install and now I can see my SIM properties and functions. This includes the ability to make outgoing calls.

I have the 9.9.9 palm profile error even after I created a new profile. I don't have the time now to look into fixing this.

Plus, according to my GoSIM account, every time I doctor and log into my profile it sends an SMS. It does this even though I installed wifi profiles with the meta-doctor. I think I may have read this somewhere else, but I had forgotten. It costs me international text messaging fees for each message, so I'm taking a break from experimenting with this for now.

Kevin
    (All Sprint)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12