Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone knows that the Verizon GPS sucks on the Pre Plus. But has anyone else noticed their GPS pretty much die. It always tells me that my location is unavailable. I cant get a lock on at all. Not even a general area location. This has been happening for a while now. Ive rebooted my phone many times since it started and Ive tried uninstalling the GPS patches and reinstalling them and trying every option I have. Ive never had this problem. Just wondering if anyone elses GPS is plain dead like mine. Maybe Verizon did something to screw the GPS up even more? I dont know.
    Yes, mine has a lot more trouble getting a lock in the last few weeks. Last week I tried ##gps and it took about 5 long minutes to get a lock, and then it was perfect. The next day I tried it again and it said there was an error. I haven't gotten it to work since then.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I am having the same experience with my device. I thought it was because I updated to 2.1. Maybe that had nothing to do with it. I haven't got one lock for at least two weeks now.
    ever since updating to 2.1.0, m Vzw Pre+ GPS is dead-on.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    GPS is perfect in 2.1. I have GPS and Google services turned on.

After upgrading to 2.1, make sure you go to the location services drop down menu and choose locate me using - GPS (and Google Services if you want).
  6.    #6  
    Im still on 1.4.5. I havent upgraded because I dont want to lose my profile. Seems like others have been having the same problem the last few weeks. Must be something Verizon has done or is doing. Hopefully they are working on it and trying to make it better but thats wishful thinking.
    still running 1.4.5, gps runs well after using gps fix.
    you won't lose your profile necessarily. I've been back and forth several times. The key is that you convert it using webOS doctor rather than an OTA update. So far, doctoring back to 1.4.5 when I switch between my Pre2 and Pre+.

To make it easier, I remove all my gmail accounts and manually backed up my palm profile, because that is faster than the remove/re-add accounts task that sometimes is required.
    1.4.5 --> gps wasn't showing my correct position while at home, and was not locking anywhere in the city

2.1.0 --> gps is closer to showing my correct position while at home, and is still not locking anywhere in the city

conclusion: this phone's gps sucks bigtime
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you won't lose your profile necessarily. I've been back and forth several times. The key is that you convert it using webOS doctor rather than an OTA update. So far, doctoring back to 1.4.5 when I switch between my Pre2 and Pre+.

To make it easier, I remove all my gmail accounts and manually backed up my palm profile, because that is faster than the remove/re-add accounts task that sometimes is required.
    So you are saying that I can upgrade to 2.0 on my Pre Plus and still have my palm profile? I havent been around these forums for a while. Have they found a way to do that? I dont have a pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    So you are saying that I can upgrade to 2.0 on my Pre Plus and still have my palm profile? I havent been around these forums for a while. Have they found a way to do that? I dont have a pre 2.
    I upgraded my VZW Pre+ and my profile migrated to 2.1 just fine.
    My wife and I have had this problem for the past 3-4 weeks. GPS does not work AT ALL. I brought our phones into the Verizon store where they swapped out mine and still had the same issue. The person helping me looked into the issue after I had left the store and called me later saying even the employee's with Palm Pre 2's were having the same issue. She said the issue was with Palm and gave me a # to call. I have not had time to call Palm to discuss the issue yet though.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    count me in, GPS errors, uninstalled GPS patches, tried ##GPS fix thingy, nada. was gonna try to doctor it next, had no idea anyone else had the same prob
    definitely been having the same problems

i'm running 1.4.5 on my vzw pre plus and have basically learned to live without gps (it's never worked, always spotty, never accurate). This is not a problem -- as I am one of the fortunate few left on this planet with a smartphone who can still read a map and tell where they are without tunneling at a screen. Still, it'd be a VERY nice feature to have and as it was advertised with the device ... it should damn-well work.

It is unbelievable that companies as big as Palm/HP and VZW would miss such a glaring issue as this. Although wasn't/isn't this a supposed commercial ploy to get you to pay an extra $10 for vzw map services?

FIX YO **** VZW + HP.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    anyone have any luck with this?

I went and doctored my pre plus to a fresh 1.4.5, still nothing. calling ##477# for a gpsfix just says "GPS Erros Position Unavailable. " I'm sitting at the same desk it used to work at! anyway dunno why I thought a doctor would work, was just all I knew how to try

tried EPR first, no change.

gonna metadoctor up to 2.1 soon anyway, guess I'll see what happens then.

strange though that the already flakey VZW GPS on this thing would just up and quit on several of us at once.
    last time i tried using the gps on my pre+ it told me i'm in the middle of a cemetery
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    last time i tried using the gps on my pre+ it told me i'm in the middle of a cemetery
    maybe you're dead and you don't know it

o.O
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue! I have tried everything and my VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 cannot lock the GPS at all! ##GPS# doesn't nor does the GPS patch. I'm looking forward to my Pre3! Any word on release date? I can upgrade any time now.
    I noticed that too, a few weeks back that it just became completely unusable. I upgraded to 2.1 and was hoping that might help, as others said it did, but nope, I haven't been able to get a lock at all (except with wifi, of course, but that's a different story).
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    got it working, I think. turned on airplane mode and got a ##477# fixand it worked for the first time in weeks. turned off airplane mode and tried again and it continued to work. tried to locate in fb app and that worked.

and by "worked" I mean "as well as usual" not "good"

this is on a metadoctored 2.1 VZW Pre+

prior I tried the GPS Fix app, that didn't seem to do anything for this problem. had it turned off at the time I tried airplane mode. I only just got 2.1 installed and haven't gotten around to preware yet so I dunno if the GPS patches are available or what they'd do if they were applied.

hope this helps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast