Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So...Anybody get a bill yet, which shows that the Verizon Hot Spot is still "free" after the upgrade to 2.1?
    And the bigger question(s):

Do all the apps from 1.4.5 still work? (I'm not giving up Angry Birds for anyone!)
    Does the patch for Classic work?
    Do 2.x apps load and run from the app store?

That's what I'm holding out for. My apologies if this is answered in another thread, this is the first one I read, and I'll be going through more.
    Well I can say that none of my apps stopped working when I went from a Sprint Pre on 1.4.5 to a Verizon Pre 2 on 2.0.1. I have Angry Birds running just fine. I don't think you will run into compatibility issues by upgrading to 2.1.0.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The only app that stopped working for me was Agenda.
    Well, I did it. My phone is now running the OS that HP said it couldn't.
    More like the OS that Verizon said it wouldn't.

All my apps work (even Classic!) so I'm stoked.

I suspect that the thing that HP was going to "do" for us was make it so that the homebrew guys could make this happen.

For that I am thankful.

Also, major thanks to the folks who wrote the tutorial and meta-doctor. And Uberkernel. All y'all rock.
    Oh, another note - I modified the meta-doctor script to leave out the VZ Navigator stuff (two lines in the script referring to com.nim.vznavigator and com.nim.app.vznavigator) and the GPS is operational.
    I 'upgraded' to 2.1.0 on my PrePlus. It's almost like having a new phone.

I needed to use the metadoctor twice. Don't know what happened the first time, but used my notebook the second time and it worked. Going to try installing flash when I have more time.

Take Care
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Great write-up.
    I would love to do this but as I lead an IT team, my Pre is 'defcon' mission critical to me and my daily workflow. If I bork this phone, I have to assign myself a Bold and well.... *shudder* I just can't make that kind of sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I would love to do this but as I lead an IT team, my Pre is 'defcon' mission critical to me and my daily workflow. If I bork this phone, I have to assign myself a Bold and well.... *shudder* I just can't make that kind of sacrifice.
    My phone is my business too, so I was similarly nervous. Keep the 1.4.5 Doctor handy, and worst case you end up right back where you was. I didn't delete the backups from my profile either, and everything was hunky dory once I got to 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I wanted to give an update on how the Pre has been handling webOS 2.1 so far. My thoughts: Great - with some reservations.

I managed to fix some of the minor e-mail syncing issues I was having by deleting all of my e-mail accounts and removing the accounts, rebooting the phone and re-adding and re-syncing the accounts.

One oddity that I have encountered from time to time is the phone will randomly suck battery life for no explained reason or running apps. Rebooting the phone will resolve this issue but as I said, it does come out of no where with no apps running in the background.

Another strange one I have encountered is with Pandora and when the screen turns off. The music will begin skipping but as soon as I make the screen visible to me, it no longer skips. I haven't tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it was one of those random items I started to notice.

Mobile Hotspot works very well and it is still FREE and not getting wrongly charged (meaning, it is coming out of my mobile hotspot allowance than my data allowance)

Otherwise, this phone has been great. It runs a lot cooler, a lot faster, and more stable except for the memory leak. I have considered doing the Doctor process again with a clean profile but at this rate and counting down the days of the TouchPad and Pre 3, I am not too concerned about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The only app that stopped working for me was Agenda.
    Well, I don't even have one...so...

I too want to hear if anyone else has gotten a bill from Verizon since changing over and using their mobile hotspot. I'm hoping the free MH wouldn't change...does Verizon even know which webOS version your phone is running? It is sounding promising as bmacster seems to be getting the free MH still.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by bmacster View Post
    One oddity that I have encountered from time to time is the phone will randomly suck battery life for no explained reason or running apps. Rebooting the phone will resolve this issue but as I said, it does come out of no where with no apps running in the background.

Another strange one I have encountered is with Pandora and when the screen turns off. The music will begin skipping but as soon as I make the screen visible to me, it no longer skips. I haven't tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it was one of those random items I started to notice.
    I may know the cause of this issue. I've started a thread on this topic: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html. It would be great to get some Pre+ feedback on this thread, i have a number of Pre- folks who've contributed already.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I may know the cause of this issue. I've started a thread on this topic: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html. It would be great to get some Pre+ feedback on this thread, i have a number of Pre- folks who've contributed already.
    I posted in that thread, thanks!

Definitely check out the thread above though, as I just incurred a pretty significant issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmacster; 03/29/2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well, I don't even have one...so...

I too want to hear if anyone else has gotten a bill from Verizon since changing over and using their mobile hotspot. I'm hoping the free MH wouldn't change...does Verizon even know which webOS version your phone is running? It is sounding promising as bmacster seems to be getting the free MH still.
    Mobile hotspot is the same. It's still free and VZW pulls your usage from a different 5GB bucket than your 5GB of normal data.
    Great news on the hotspot!
    Has anybody directly synced contacts and calendar from Outlook to a doctored Verizon Pre plus running 2.1? Without going through the cloud/google? How?
    This is the last issue holding me back...
    Thanks.
    Since i using web Os 2.1 on my Pre plus, i cannot reply any messages on my phone because on the Name bar up right says it lock and in the bottom of the SMS says no further message can be sent.
    and i also having trouble with my palm profile i cannot make new profile or using my old profile

one more problem does anyone know how to calibrate the screen

i will appreciated if anyone can help my problem
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12