1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,
    I have owned a Verizon Pre Plus since September 2010, so my contract is nowhere near up.
    I really like the phone, but there are some issues (which I believe are somewhat common) and it's getting a little annoying.
    First, two keys on the keyboard (H and the gray square key) can be temperamental. Usually they don't work on the first try and then they make two Hs or lock on gray-mode.
    Also, the screen has a bunch of teeny scratches that while annoying to look at, seem to be causing parts of the touchscreen to falter. Certain icon positions in the Launcher and buttons in other apps don't always work, and sometimes scrolling stops abruptly.

My first Pre Plus broke back in October, within the 30-day return time, so Verizon promptly sent me another.
    My question is this: Since VZ Pre Pluses are not being manufactured any more, will they send me a used/refurb one or new old stock? Secondly, would it be worth it to seek a replacement, and should I contact Verizon or HP to go about getting one?

Thank you for your advice!
    refurbs should be as good as new. Maybe better.

refurb doesn't mean used/imperfect
  3.    #3  
    Better than new? How so?
    hopefully they will test it to make sure there are no defective parts, tight assembly, etc.
    You should contact Verizon and they should replace it. It should look like new. The early keyboards were bad (but can be fixed by taking apart and cleaning). But if you tell them the keys are bad, they will replace it. Verizon is one of the best carriers for replacements. Make sure you do a full erase of the phone and usb before you return it.
  6.    #6  
    I see. That's a good thing especially considering the Pre seems to have inconsistent build quality.

Who should I contact then? HP or Verizon?
    I've had very good luck with Verizon in the past--they even gave me a "loyalty plan" that was $20/mo less. HP, on the other hand, has been a nightmare in terms of customer service, refunds and replacements, to say the very least.

I was typing this when the previous post came in. Thank you. I'll contact Verizon sometime soon.
    Last edited by henry96s; 03/09/2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: New post added while typing this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henry96s View Post
    I see. That's a good thing especially considering the Pre seems to have inconsistent build quality.

Who should I contact then? HP or Verizon?
    I've had very good luck with Verizon in the past--they even gave me a "loyalty plan" that was $20/mo less. HP, on the other hand, has been a nightmare in terms of customer service, refunds and replacements, to say the very least.

I was typing this when the previous post came in. Thank you. I'll contact Verizon sometime soon.
    Verizon (store would be best) to get that exchanged. I did that and got my refurb in 2 days.
    I disagree on going to the stores. Many don't have stock, and they will just try to get you to buy an android. Call 611, get to support. They will ship you a replacement and have you fixed up in 48 hours.
    I got a refurb recently, and it's 50x better than the original I received in jan 2010. Done via CS on the phone.

do it.
  10.    #10  
    I think I will. One more question: Would there be any reason to wait for whatever HP plans to do to (hopefully) "make things right" for Pre Plus owners?
    no benefit.