Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm very interested in 2.1ing my Sprint Pre, but the only thing making me hesitate is the potential of messing up my Palm Profile. Several have indicated they didn't use their 1.4.5 Palm Profile, but I really don't want to do that because I want to have all my apps without having to buy them all again.

I would like to hear from the folks who used their 1.4.5 profile, any issues?

Thanks,
    Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    I'm very interested in 2.1ing my Sprint Pre, but the only thing making me hesitate is the potential of messing up my Palm Profile. Several have indicated they didn't use their 1.4.5 Palm Profile, but I really don't want to do that because I want to have all my apps without having to buy them all again.

I would like to hear from the folks who used their 1.4.5 profile, any issues?

Thanks,
    Skippy
    You will have to purge the Palm Profile backup PRIOR to the update. Dont worry about the apps for they will come back but the profile data, like OS settings and data in the palm profile account are not compatible and will cause signin failures.

As long as you are using the proper mete doctor script, you should not have to worry about the 9.9.9 os version issue keeping you from accessing app catalog.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I didn't have to do anything to my profile before meta-doctoring
    i wanna do this so bad, but i think imma wait til a couple more of the bugs are worked out

the profile thing is my biggest concern
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I had no problems with my profile without taking any precautions. You will lose your messages. (after 2.x they are now backed up.) My contacts are with Google so I was able to easily sync them back.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12