Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    so I have a vz pre plus and I have the usual GPS issues like a lot of people do. So I emailed verizon very politely asking for them to help me resolve the issue in some kind of way. I got no response, so I contacted the BBB then of course vz contacted me. The guy was of course very polite and asked me the normal questions about resseting the phone ect. ect. ..... At the end he was very kind by offering to overnight a refurb. So heres my issue..... Since I'm getting a refurb anyways, I decided to try and uninstall uberkernel and install the sr71 kernel..... My phone FLIES at 1.2 and I even undervolted quite a bit..... So what should I do? Do I keep the chuck norris pre and try and deal with the gps not working half the time or do I take the chance on the refurb also being able to handle 1.2 ..... How common are vz pre plusses that are able to handle 1.2 this well? (i forgot to mention.... I'm even running at 1.2 with the phone charging with the charger over-ride toggle enabled and my temp is still under 40)
    I'd keep the Chuck Norris Pre, personally. And have you tried the aGPS block patch? That seems to really help my Pre, as long as I leave google location services enabled.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I've tried all the fixes and it does seem to work decent when I leave google maps open all the time but that seems to really suck battery and being in class all day my battery would never last so that's just not really an option for me.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    <moderator edit> The thread title needs more specific information. The search feature of the website will not render your thread when searched.

Now, you're asking whether you should swap a Vzw Pre+ for another Vzw Pre+? It's not the phone that is causing gps problems, it's Vzw. They are the ones crippling the phone. Poor gps on one Pre+ is likely going to have the same poor gps on a different one. Install GPS Fix, run it whenever your gps is not responding.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/11/2011 at 12:27 AM.
    Ask for a pre2 instead as the gps supposedly works, if you search the forum you will find a thread where VZW swapped a Pre2 for someone's preplus when he complained.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    @bluenote..... I tried that but they said I'd first have to try and see if the refurb works better....and so far it works much much better as I can actually get a lock without even having to use the gps fix

<moderator edit> They clearly say I've tried all the gps tweeks and fixes. A crippled GPS is better than one that doesn't work at all. Which was my issue. And as far as the search goes I just wanted a few opinions on what to do and I didn't mind if the thread floated of into obscurity. And as far as one vz phone being the same as another....completely wrong <moderator edit> opinion, as my refurb is so much better at getting a lock than my old one which didn't get one at all.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/11/2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: personal attack