1.    #1  
    Now that 2.1 is out for the verizon pre 2, will there be a new metadoctor since it no longer needs the 2.01?
    Possibly.. there could be certain things in the 2.1 doctor that might be useful to include in the scripts. But AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $thing$ $taken$ $from$ $the$ $2$.$0$.$1$ $doctor$ $that$ $I$ $know$ $of$ $was$ $the$ $CDMA$ $firmware$.. $so$ $my$ $guess$ $would$ $be$ $no$. $Especially$ $when$ $you$ $think$ $about$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $2$.$1$ $was$ $released$ specifically for the Pre+ before it was released for the Pre 2.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Possibly.. there could be certain things in the 2.1 doctor that might be useful to include in the scripts. But AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $thing$ $taken$ $from$ $the$ $2$.$0$.$1$ $doctor$ $that$ $I$ $know$ $of$ $was$ $the$ $CDMA$ $firmware$.. $so$ $my$ $guess$ $would$ $be$ $no$. $Especially$ $when$ $you$ $think$ $about$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $2$.$1$ $was$ $released$ specifically for the Pre+ before it was released for the Pre 2.
    because i was questioning if i should wait for a better method for 2.1.0 or do it right now
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    because i was questioning if i should wait for a better method for 2.1.0 or do it right now
    It's not going to get much better than it is right now. It's as easy as its ever been to compile a working doctor. I took a look at the pre 2 doctor and there's nothing of significant value from what I can see. The scripts that are in place right now on the Internals wiki is the best script you're gonna see until 2.1.1 comes out.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's not going to get much better than it is right now. It's as easy as its ever been to compile a working doctor. I took a look at the pre 2 doctor and there's nothing of significant value from what I can see. The scripts that are in place right now on the Internals wiki is the best script you're gonna see until 2.1.1 comes out.
    thanks! im doing it tonight!
    thanks! im doing it tonight!

I've got a stupid question, if I meta doctored my pre minus to 2.1 Is it safe to assume that if a new build of webOS gets released I'd have to re (meta) doctor it? I guess what im asking is, will it be OTA compatible.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I've got a stupid question, if I meta doctored my pre minus to 2.1 Is it safe to assume that if a new build of webOS gets released I'd have to re (meta) doctor it? I guess what im asking is, will it be OTA compatible.
    No because the pre will not receive any further OTA updates, because they are only released to carriers for specific devices. It is a custom metadoctor structure that will most likely be different than an OTA structure
    pre minus 2.1 metadoctors have OTA feature disabled for safety. (and as nickafreeman said no updates are coming anyway) - so prob a new metadoctor if needed.
    Now that 2.1 is out for the verizon pre 2, will there be a new metadoctor since it no longer needs the 2.01?
    I have not yet seen a webOS doctor available for Verizon Pre 2.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals