1.    #1  
    Have you 2'ed your Pre? Do you have a broken Pre laying around that could sacrifice a part?

I dropped my Pre yesterday and now I don't have any sound from my ear piece speaker (and no it is not stuck in headphone mode). I have looked over a few tear-downs of the Pre and feel up to taking it apart to replace the ear piece speaker, problem is I can't find them for sale online in anything less than batches of 5.

If anyone has pulled the comm board from their Pre to move to a Pre2 I would love to get your ear piece speaker to bring my Pre back to life (I am back on my WM Touch Pro2, painful).

Thanks for any help!
    Can't help you directly, but this site here's got replacement parts:
    Palm Pre Replacement|Repair Parts
  3.    #3  
    @ananimus Thanks for the link, but that is where I have found the ear piece speaker available in batches of 5 (don't really want to invest $50 in 5 of them).

@GuyFromNam That thread is awesome. I searched around and only found old TreoCentral threads about the ear piece speaker problems but completely missed the parts thread. I will scan through that one and see if I can find a match.

Thanks for the input so far.
    It might be as simple as opening it up and adding cushion behind the speaker (ie against the speaker back and the plastic piece above the mirror)

Worked when mine was breaking in and out.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5.    #5  
    I will give the cushion a try as well, it will be a few days before I can. I left on a business trip and will not be back home to the phone until Friday.