1.    #1  
    So I upgraded my sprint pre- last weekend with no prob to 2.1..

I am now trying to get my friends pre plus upgraded, and am getting this constant error...We cannot reset your device...

I have doctored his back to 1.4.5...no luck. The 2.1 meta-doc starts just fine...connects to the phone and starts the battery charging...then I get the error. The steps for getting the doc and running the scripts couldn't be easier...so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Anyone else having this problem on Verizon Pre-Pluses?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I'd keep trying. I had to put it into 'bootie' mode to get it to work. I think I remember I got that error a few times, but persistence pays.

Good luck!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I had to put it into 'bootie' mode..
    You mean Ubuntu?

I did mine using WUBI and a dual-boot Ubuntu...

This one I am trying to do via Virtualbox and Ubuntu...and copying the doc over to my pc via a flash drive...Only because I couldn't the phone to connect like that. I guess I'll take it home tonite and copy what I did to my Pre...
    To get your pre into 'bootie' mode:

Turn off pre completely
    While holding volume rocker 'up', connect pre to computer via usb
    Keep holding until you see charge screen

This will help if the doctor isn't advancing or is getting stuck at the 'please wait.. charging' screen.

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  

Turn off pre completely

This will help if the doctor isn't advancing or is getting stuck at the 'please wait.. charging' screen.

Oh ok..I didnt know that had a name..lol

Yea I had gotten that far...but after 'charging' for a while, it just stopped and said it couldn't reset it.

I ended up taking it home and doing it on the dual-boot ubuntu...worked flawlessly...crazy. At work I tried Virtualbox with Ubuntu...and also I tried copying the meta-doc to windows...same result. Not sure what the difference would have been between ubunut in virtualbox and ubuntu as a dual-boot..
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I also had this problem when I made a new doctor for my pre- on my ubuntu system and copied it to my windows pc to try to run it. Had to go back and run the doctor from the ubuntu system.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.

Turn off pre completely

I'm getting the same error. I've tried a Sprint Pre, and AT&T Pre Plus. Same error for both. Maybe it's my computer??? I will try installing from my laptop and see if it makes a difference.
    I have a sprint pre- and had the same problem. But as fxspec06 stated, when I put it into "boot mode" getting the usb symbol to appear, then plugging the pre to my computer - it worked fine (no more "unable to reset your device" problem).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    I'm getting the same error. I've tried a Sprint Pre, and AT&T Pre Plus. Same error for both. Maybe it's my computer??? I will try installing from my laptop and see if it makes a difference.
    In addition to 'bootie' mode...you might also try re-doctoring to 1.4.5...I did that..not sure if I had to at this point, but hindsight in this case isn't exactly 20/20...