Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    2.1 on the pre doesn't exactly work blazing saddles..

I'd like to stat my expierence with 2.1 on my sprint pre minus. It lagged an awefully lot and hung up often (didn't require a restart when hung just sat there).

I tried to install UberKernel and it did help a little. But I was suprised to see alot of lag and hanging still present. Now I don't know what the previous 1.4.5 settings were with compcache and uberkernel. But I can say this much...

2.0.1 supposedly didn't have compcache on by default if available at all. I installed 2.0.1 on my sprint pre and it works quite well. So going to 2.1 I was suprised to see such bad preformance. So I knew that 2.1 brought compcache by default on. So I turned it off on my newly doctored 2.1. And let it be known that my expierence has immensly improved since doing so.

This was with and without uberkernel, just turning it off using Govnah in advanced settings.

Take it with a grain of salt... To each his own :-p
    I had no problem with it. I am using AV8B kernel, but even without a kernel it was perfect for me. The only time it hung up was when I activated the 2.0.1 VKB patch, so I wouldn't even consider that a problem with 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Runs faster than 1.4.5 ever did for me.

2.0.1 leak was crap on my phone

Try a different 2.1 kernel if you're having issues. I think there's like, what, three or so variations these days?
    2.1 w/o any OC on my Sprint Pre(-) was way faster then stock 1.4.5 ever was! 2.1 w/ F105 OC Kernel and 16mb of compcache is working VERY nice!!!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    OP,
    Try the latest F105 kernel (currently 17). World of difference from previous versions.
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/07/2011 at 02:50 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    OP,
    Try the latest F105 kernel (currently 17). World of difference from previous versions.
    I never had any issues with 1.4.5 operating speed with or without a kernel. I was very shocked to see how 2.1 was preforming. Laggy transitions, slow scrolling, menus would take ages to scroll down.

I've doctor'd many times with the advanvces of the 2.1 method and its never changed a bit. 2.0.1 was quite fast on my phone, and 2.1 (with compcache off) operates identical to 2.0.1 did on stock. So I don't know.

I'll give the other kernels a try.

Is 10mb the recommend compcache on the pre minus? I know thats the stock value.
    Mine works flawlessly, stinks for you OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I never had any issues with 1.4.5 operating speed with or without a kernel. I was very shocked to see how 2.1 was preforming. Laggy transitions, slow scrolling, menus would take ages to scroll down.

I've doctor'd many times with the advanvces of the 2.1 method and its never changed a bit. 2.0.1 was quite fast on my phone, and 2.1 (with compcache off) operates identical to 2.0.1 did on stock. So I don't know.

I'll give the other kernels a try.

Is 10mb the recommend compcache on the pre minus? I know thats the stock value.
    Currently have Compcache set to 16MB on mine. Very smooth so far.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Mine works flawlessly, stinks for you OP.
    Fubar. Maybe one of my sticks of memory are bad
    Well, without overclock and compcache, 2.1 lags like hell for me. Especially if I run Koto Player. I cranked mine up to 64mb, works great.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, without overclock and compcache, 2.1 lags like hell for me. Especially if I run Koto Player. I cranked mine up to 64mb, works great.

Thanks for the feedback I wasn't sure if 64mb would be too high. I didn't want to dive in editing things just yet.
  12.    #12  
    Update: F105 is smooth as butter o_0

I guess the koolade does taste better.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    2.1 w/o any OC on my Sprint Pre(-) was way faster then stock 1.4.5 ever was! 2.1 w/ F105 OC Kernel and 16mb of compcache is working VERY nice!!!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Ditto!
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Agreed 2.1 works better than 1.4.5

Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Adding or scrolling favorites or scrolling contacts on 2.0.1 or 2.1 are slow as hell. @1ghz speeds up favorites, but scrolling contacts still choppy in some extent.
    on other hand, launcher scrolling and general feel of device is much better with 2.1 even with stock 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Update: F105 is smooth as butter o_0

I guess the koolade does taste better.
    Glad you got it sorted out. Prior to F105-17 I was still having issues (F105-11 I think). All those went away when I upgraded to F105-17.

What compcache size did you go with? From what I've read posted by rwhittby, taking the compcache too high can cause lag, like say in the phone app, and cause you to miss calls because it takes the app longer to launch from "virtual ram".
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/07/2011 at 05:10 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    How the heck do you set the companche? When I click on advanced I only have the option to turn it off, but it won't let me change the value from 10. I tried this in both uberkernal and F105.
    Turn it off, apply settings, swipe out of compcache settings, go back in, change to your desired setting, turn on, then apply settings.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Turn it off, apply settings, swipe out of compcache settings, go back in, change to your desired setting, turn on, then apply settings.
    How intuitive
    Thanks

my only problem so far is google maps not working
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast