Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The only things that have made me stick with 2.1 are the user-editable autocorrect dictionary and card stacking, otherwise, in order to get a smooth 2.1, heavy overclocking is needed and battery life is worse than a smooth 1.4.5. The Blackbird kernel (1.2ghz screenstate) is blazing fast, but it absolutely rapes the battery.
    I get the impression that most would regard battery performance on 2.1 as better. I certainly do.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Good performance on o2 pre- compared to 1.4.5 then I went to UK OC even better. NAVIT seemed to crash so I increased compcache to 32K and its OK now. But then disaster, I cant read any of my 5 emails accounts! The headings are there but no text.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Good performance on o2 pre- compared to 1.4.5 then I went to UK OC even better. NAVIT seemed to crash so I increased compcache to 32K and its OK now. But then disaster, I cant read any of my 5 emails accounts! The headings are there but no text.
    Had the same problem, email-bodys did not show up. And the Version-Info still showed 1.4.5. But it ran quite fast.

Fix it by running the doctor again, now email is working and version 2.1.0 is showing, but everything seems slower.
    i dont know i still think that making the switch to 2.1 has been great so far. tried uk and then f-105. i feel like f-105 is better and i have compcache set to 64mb. very little lag for the most part and what little there is does not out weigh everything great about 2.1 stacks, exhibition view, the auto correct, just type, the visualizations are much better and smoother. very little reason to not make the move. the kernels will continue to get better and more and more patches come everyday. i have had the email happen once or twice but just closing it and reopening it fixes it. but 99% of the time i get the body no problem. i just installed bfg maps and dont have any problems. although i fing google maps works better.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmarn View Post
    Had the same problem, email-bodys did not show up. And the Version-Info still showed 1.4.5. But it ran quite fast.

Fix it by running the doctor again, now email is working and version 2.1.0 is showing, but everything seems slower.
    if your showing 1.4.5 then i would run the newest script and re dr. it should show 2.1
    Redoctored my Sprint Pre- yesterday to 2.1.

I only have Preware, Govnah, Internalz (and it's dependencies) and Navit installed from homebrew as well as Sprint Navigation. I don't have any patches, but have 6 accounts. All the accounts have emails, 2 with calendar and about 1000 unique contacts.

My experience so far has been very pleasant. There is no overclocking this time and no modifications to the default compcache. So far there haven't been any random and unbearable lags, although some lag occurs when I go past 6 cards.

I stressed tested it with 6 web pages and 4 other apps and it seemed to handle itself well, but the 3 of the webpages seemed to consistently reload!

I am happy with the battery life, although I haven't done any comparisons.

I should mention that I had a Verizon Pre 2, which was fast/smooth that I was extremely happy with but didn't like Verizon much.

My newly doctored and unclocked Sprint Pre- webOS 2.1 seems to be handling things well enough to keep me happy, possibly, until Pre 3 is released.

-Wole

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    compcache default settings seemingly work better o/w too high a compcache casuing freezes on pre-
    I'm not using a Pre-, but have found what i think is a memory leak when using any music player. The thread for it is here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ry-leak-2.html. On post 25 i've written a procedure for people to test if they are having this problem.

If anyone else can verify that this is an issue i would appreciate it. I'm trying to get some developer support for finding a fix for this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123