Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just checked the sunspider score on my pre-

1.4.5 at 1005 mhz: 11058.6ms

2.1.0 at 1005 mhz: 6438.4ms

Seems like a pretty large improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Update: F105 is smooth as butter o_0

I guess the koolade does taste better.

Oh that is good to hear. Somebody how was not happy with speed on Pre- and 2.1, and is now. These are the arguments i need to switch
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How intuitive
    Ever tried changing a tyre while the car is still moving?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Ever tried changing a tyre while the car is still moving?

-- Rod
    That statement had me laughing too hard. I just pictured someone trying to change the tire while rolling.
    What Palm did with contacts database in 2.X? It is slow on 1005MHz. Slower than stock 500MHz in 1.4.X

I still find same annoyng bugs present in 1.4. webos - card that won't go of screen, drag to answer not answering. Maybe Palm - HP should introduce service packs and to separate core webos updates from bugfixes.
    2.1 > 2.0.1 for me. All around less buggy and less laggy. 2.1 is overall less laggy for me than 1.4.5 especially in the 'minor lag' category. I very occasionally get a 2 second lag on closing a program or something, but its nothing to complain about.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I too have experienced a lot lag with 2.1. Frequent Luna restarts ease the pain a little bit. I just upgraded to the latest UK last night so we'll see if that helps.

Compache is set to 24mb.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    After installing Uberkernal/Govnah the phone is back to 1.4.5 speeds. Google Maps is having an issue with responding to touch, it isn't frozen. I've had to reopen it in order to move with my finger.
    Nobody's mentioned it, but battery life is unquestionably better in 2.1. No comparison w/ 1.4.5. That's huge.
    Thanks for this thread, I think I've changed my mind on upgrading to 2.1 and as I've stopped reading up on the MetaD threads, it looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Just to confirm, GoogleMaps works or no? I use it on a fairly regular basis so it's important there isn't any issues with it.
    GoogleMaps works for me on my Pre(-) with 2.1
    +1. Still opens ridiculously slowly, but it works fine.
    thats strange. i have my gps off so it takes a minute to pop up but it loads immediately after i accept the pgs. running f-105
    All pre -'s are created equal. There is no way anyone running thunderchief or uberkernal can say that 2.1 is superfast with them installed. I have tried both extensively, and while they are fast enought to have about 4-5 cards opens, once you start going past that, it crawls and sometimes freezes too. I've tried no compcache, 10mb, 16mb, 24mb. They all cannot handle many cards on a pre -. Also, I think there is a bug with the messaging app. My friend I I have both noticed it on our Pre -'s. We are running two different kernels and it happens on both. Once you send a message, the phone kind of freezes until the message is done sending, but once it's done, everything is back to normal. I just installed the blackbird kernel, so I'm going to see if that makes the 2.1 experience any better.
    well i will disagree about all being created equal but whatever. my phone although it does seem to take a second for the message to appear and send which is not to the point where it even bothers me but it does not freeze the phone not even a little and i can do what ever i want while it is sending the message in card mode.
    Does the HotSpot feature on Sprint Pre minue? In otherwords, can I transfer the mobile Hotspot app using quick install to work on 2.1? Or is there another version?
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    All pre -'s are created equal. There is no way anyone running thunderchief or uberkernal can say that 2.1 is superfast with them installed. I have tried both extensively, and while they are fast enought to have about 4-5 cards opens, once you start going past that, it crawls and sometimes freezes too. I've tried no compcache, 10mb, 16mb, 24mb. They all cannot handle many cards on a pre -. Also, I think there is a bug with the messaging app. My friend I I have both noticed it on our Pre -'s. We are running two different kernels and it happens on both. Once you send a message, the phone kind of freezes until the message is done sending, but once it's done, everything is back to normal. I just installed the blackbird kernel, so I'm going to see if that makes the 2.1 experience any better.
    I don't know, I have a sprint pre - and my phone is noticeably faster stock on 2.1 then it was on 1.4.5 overclocked to 1ghz. Add an overclocked core like UK or F105 to 2.1 and it is a very big night and day difference for me. And I have not experienced the text messaging freeze on any of the pre's I have access to, all of which are running 2.1.0 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Does the HotSpot feature on Sprint Pre minue? In otherwords, can I transfer the mobile Hotspot app using quick install to work on 2.1? Or is there another version?
    Use freetether from the webos internals test feeds. Beyond saying that you'll have to figure the rest out on your own.
    yeah free tether works perfect and has a lot more options then mobile hot spot
    if you notice in jstop in 1.4.5 it uses around 18 to 26 megs at idle. 2.1.0 for me used around 35 - 45 megs. For me, 1.4.5 with F105 is noticeably faster than 2.1.0 with F105. I honestly don't miss 2.1.0
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast