1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre touchscreen doesn't respond anymore, we've tried EVERY thing I've read on the internet to get it to work but no go. Sprint "techs" looked at it and said they couldn't do anything with it and suggested I might try paying $30 or so for a new one.

Ok fine, maybe we will just get a new phone but here's the deal, since the touchscreen doesn't work there's no way they can transfer the profile to the new phone.

Sooooo.... is there any program for Windows that will let me access the memos on my Palm Pre? I hooked the phone up to my computer as a USB drive but I didn't see any folders that contain the memos.

Any ideas? All I need and want is the memos as those cannot be replaced.

I've never backed up (yea I know) and I don't have any google profiles or anything like that in the phone -so using Data Transfer Assistant is out of the question. Remember, I can't use the touchscreen so doing anything on the phone is nearly impossible.
    I'm confused.. if your profile is backed up then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to login to it on a new phone. The profiles are stored on Palm servers, not on the device. Also, memos are stored in the backups on the servers. Don't take my word for it, check out this thread: Is There Any Way To Backup Tasks & Memos? - Palm Support Community

However, there is a way to get them onto your computer. They are not individual files, they are stored in a database. You will need to download WebOS Quick Install 3.63. Under 'Tools' select 'Receive File'. Under path on device, type (without quotes) "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3". Select your destination and click 'save'.

You can view this file with any database editor. You can find one with a google search.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    Thanks. I downloaded the lastest WEB OS quick install. I must be stupid but how do I install it onto my computer? I see no install file.
    Quote Originally Posted by fscott55 View Post
    Thanks. I downloaded the lastest WEB OS quick install. I must be stupid but how do I install it onto my computer? I see no install file.
    It doesn't need to be installed. It's a .jar file, all you need to do is double click on it.

If you haven't installed novacom drivers on your computer, WOSQI won't recognize your pre. So under 'tools' select 'options' and there should be a button to re-install novacom drivers. After that completes, connect the pre and follow my previous post's instructions. You shouldn't have any problems transferring the file.

Oops, I forgot, that you need to enable developer mode on your phone to transfer the file. This may be a problem.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    Yes, it's not in dev mode. So I think that might be impossible since I have to swipe it to turn it on.