1.    #1  
    I'm on Verizon with the Pre Plus. Last night I doctored to 2.1, and I just don't think patch availability is there yet for me to be happy. I am willing to hang in there if only I could find a reliable media sync option.

I have installed the Media Sync patch which gives me the option to media sync again, and will get my music from itunes onto my phone. However, it does not current transfer playlists, itunes downloaded album art, or photos.

I tried double twist, and it is awful.

Are there currently any options available for 2.1 that will sync all my media? Other than doctoring back to 1.4.5....if I even can?
    i would like to know this too
    I don't think it's possible. I should have put it in the description for the patch.. but basically the media database creator in 2.x is different than in 1.4.5, and I'm not sure if anyone has knowledge on how it works, let alone changing it. Even without the media sync patch, I used to be able to sync with MediaMonkey and everything would show up. Now, nothing appears because the iTunesDB file is not being read by the media indexer.

I have talked with Dan (creator of MPR) and he doesn't know any more about it than I do. The only thing left that I can think of is to write to HP/Palm and ask how it works.

I've torn apart the doctors searching and haven't found anything. Sorry.

I decided to post the patch knowing playlists don't work because I think some people might still use it, based on the music players available that allow for custom playlists. I should probably update it with a description that explicitly states that playlists/photos do not work.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #4  
    No reason to apologize. At least the patch gets your music onto the device.

Ever since I first got my pre it seems like media syncing has always taken a back seat, its disappointing.

I think the only solution for 2.1 is to use the remix player & create your own playlists. Then manually place your photos in the photos folder in the root in usb mode. For me, that is not acceptable.

To make a long story short I was not impressed with 2.1 and reverted back to 1.4.5 The media sync is a deal breaker for me because I use my phone like an ipod and bluetooth the music to my car stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dootie Fresh View Post
    No reason to apologize. At least the patch gets your music onto the device.

Ever since I first got my pre it seems like media syncing has always taken a back seat, its disappointing.

I think the only solution for 2.1 is to use the remix player & create your own playlists. Then manually place your photos in the photos folder in the root in usb mode. For me, that is not acceptable.

To make a long story short I was not impressed with 2.1 and reverted back to 1.4.5 The media sync is a deal breaker for me because I use my phone like an ipod and bluetooth the music to my car stereo.
    You can still get your playlists to show up. I sync with J River Media Center while the phone is in USB Drive mode. I picked J River because it imports everything from iTunes, including last played date, song ratings and play counts. After a sync, your playlists are located in /media/internal/music/playlists (or wherever you specified). Fire up Notepad++, press ctrl+shift+'H'. This is a 'files find & replace'. Change to the directory of the playlists, and replace every '\' with '/'. All of your playlists correctly show up in stock and MPR. It sounds a lot harder than it really is, also. Notepad++ actually saves these settings if you haven't used it.. so in actuality you open it press ctrl+shift+'H' and hit enter, and it's done.

But that's fine if you feel 1.4.5 is good enough for you that's okay.

I just think that's crazy talk tho! :O
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

do you have a mac?

i have a windows laptop and i think i will just use the native WMP syncing method (w the pre in usb mode)
    Nope, Windows user here. I have used iTunes for at least 8 years though, and have kept my entire library in tact, including migrations from Windows to mac, and back to Windows. So it was important for me to choose a program that kept all my iTunes data safe while still synchronizing with the Pre.

I'm not sure how WMP syncs, but if you're using 2.x you may need to use the method I described above to get playlists to show up.

Remember, '\' won't show up. The path names need to have '/'.