1.    #1  
    i have tried all the hardware tricks: compressed air, pausing while playing music and then removing headphones, inserting & removing jack while media is playing. nothing works.

the speaker functions in speakerphone mode and for playing ringtones, it does not play for audio/video. this HAS to be a software issue, right? if it was stuck in headphone mode, i wouldn't be getting ANY sounds. . .

someone mentioned that pandora does weird things to the soundcard, i'll try removing & re-installing and see if that helps.
    Have you tried doctoring?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    not sure if i'm ready to throw in the towel yet and wipe everything. but i've thought about it.
    you are stuck in headset mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you are stuck in headset mode.
    Easiest way to test this, is to make a call. Observe the first (Speaker) button.

If you see a handset. you're fine.

If you see a set of headphones, you're stuck in headset mode.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    go to the futurepr0n<dot>com website

it'll be listed under webOS apps

for some reason it is NOT part of the precentral app gallery feed.

thanks to twitter: @futurepr0n
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    when I get stuck in headset mode I take a Q-tip and rip off the extra cotton leaving just a bit to fit in the headphone jack. Dip the modified end of the Q-tip in some rubbing alcohol and swab the inside of the headset jack with it. Then I use the opposite dry end of the Q-tip to pick up any alcohol left inside. Works every time.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    when I get stuck in headset mode I take a Q-tip and rip off the extra cotton leaving just a bit to fit in the headphone jack. Dip the modified end of the Q-tip in some rubbing alcohol and swab the inside of the headset jack with it. Then I use the opposite dry end of the Q-tip to pick up any alcohol left inside. Works every time.
    Same exact method I use.