1.    #1  
    #1 Does A-GPS work? I'm on sprint. I seem to only be able to get a GPS lock, but not anything like A-GPS. Thus I can't use foursquare or google maps unless I'm outside.

#2 What is up with the default system sound? It seems to get cut off before finishing. It's annoying. It it's supposed to go dah-dum but instead goes dah--click like someone disconnected it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    #1 Does A-GPS work? I'm on sprint. I seem to only be able to get a GPS lock, but not anything like A-GPS. Thus I can't use foursquare or google maps unless I'm outside.

#2 What is up with the default system sound? It seems to get cut off before finishing. It's annoying. It it's supposed to go dah-dum but instead goes dah--click like someone disconnected it.
    GPS is working for me I had to open up google maps and tried to get a lock and it did

the system sound is low I went into system notifications and turned it all the way up. Still waiting for the increase speaker/headphone jack sound patch to be ported over until then yeah its not loud at all.
  3.    #3  
    I'm concerned about A-GPS. My GPS works fine. I also don't understand what your system volume level has to do with my issues.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 03/06/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    if the OP is running 2.1 on sprint, does that mean real 2.1 via metadoctor method that has become so popular? Or os this 2.1 beta pirated as we saw happening in february?

I imagine might make a difference in possible ideas, especially if it's the beta code that would certainly have (more) bugs than a GA release.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if the OP is running 2.1 on sprint, does that mean real 2.1 via metadoctor method that has become so popular? Or os this 2.1 beta pirated as we saw happening in february?

I imagine might make a difference in possible ideas, especially if it's the beta code that would certainly have (more) bugs than a GA release.
    As far as I know, 2.1 was never leaked. 2.0.1 was the leak.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    the camera on my pre doesnt work, i guess im going to have to doctor it.
    there is a thread already going about the camera. Check there before doctoring and it might save you some work.
    my clock isn't loading, does ayone know if I take it to the doctor do I have to go back to 1.4.5 and reinstall 2.1 all over?
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    If you are running Uber-Kernel, select a Govenor profile other than screenstate and then the camera should work.
    my gps also doesnt pinpoint my location
    Here is what I found to fix gps issue from the webos internals site.
    * To enable GPS functionality it may be necessary to go to the "Location Services" application, make sure that "GPS", and "GPS Location Services" are enabled. Test the GPS using ##477# (##GPS#) from the phone application, and press the "Get Fix" button.
    * If neither ##477# utility nor Google Maps is able to successfully fix your position, return to the "Location Services" application, open the Preferences menu, expand Locate Me Using... and ensure that both GPS and Google Services are selected. After selecting Google Services, you will be prompted to accept the Terms of Service. Once both options are selected, test GPS functionality again. The ##477# utility may still fail the first several times, but should complete successfully after repeated attempts, and should continue to function normally thereafter.

Fixed it for my pre plus
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    To fix the clock I found out I installed a patch, i removed it and now everything is fine, just posting incase anyone else runs into the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post

the system sound is low I went into system notifications and turned it all the way up. Still waiting for the increase speaker/headphone jack sound patch to be ported over until then yeah its not loud at all.
    You should participate in the effort to get patches ported. See this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-project.html

Or the wiki: WebOS 2.0 Patch Status Project - WebOS Internals

For how to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    To fix the clock I found out I installed a patch, i removed it and now everything is fine, just posting incase anyone else runs into the same problem
    Same goes for the patch you removed. Please update the wiki with what patch it is, and why it is depreciated.

WebOS 2.0 Patch Status Project - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Same goes for the patch you removed. Please update the wiki with what patch it is, and why it is depreciated.

[url= 2.0 Patch Status Project - WebOS Internals[/url]
    ok thanks no problem will do, not buy a computer when I am I'll check the link
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I applied the patch manually. Not too sure if I can throw together a patch file or not, I'm kinda green when it comes to creating them. I'll try to throw something together soon....

-Dan

Edit: Try this patch and see if it does the trick.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NightHammer; 03/07/2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    I found that the SysToolsMgr Service affected the camera, making it not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It worked after that.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!