Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Hi guys

I installed the webOS 2.1 on my Sprint and overclocked it at 800Mhz with 64MB of memory but it still has some lag, are you guys here going to tear down the 2.1 version and fix this lag? Can you guys make 2.1 run smooth like 1.45?
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hi guys

I installed the webOS 2.1 on my Sprint and overclocked it at 800Mhz with 64MB of memory but it still has some lag, are you guys here going to tear down the 2.1 version and fix this lag? Can you guys make 2.1 run smooth like 1.45?
    I just doctored back to 1.4.5 because I was having to many issues in the past week. At first everythig ran good but then everything started to go for a #@!* so I had enough and went back to 1.4.5. Maybe things will get fixed up more in the future and then I will go and try 2.x again!!!! But for now I say welcome back "PALM" boot logo I have missed ya!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just pushed the over clock to 1 Ghz see what happens
    no lag....smoother than 1.4.5 on my phone.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brgruell View Post
    Arsynic
    I ran into the same issue you did, but with my ATT Pre+. Did you make any progress on how to recover? I am now getting the boot Penguin on the device. Re doctoring does not work, as the machine is not seeing the phone

My error log ended this way:

Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 16

Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "Base ROM Failed Verification"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :83)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgressReporter(VerifyRomStage.java :69)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.runCommand(VerifyRomStage.java:62)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.run(VerifyRomStage.java:40)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:491)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Apr 2, 2011 9:31:05 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1301754665440
    Pull battery out and plug the phone in with just usb. Hold the volume up key while putting the battery back in. Once you click the battery in, release the volume key. Redoctor to old version and then start the upgrade process all over again. On the second attempt, I got a failure message again, but when I pulled the battery and put it back in, I got an "HP" logo and the phone booted up normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    no lag....smoother than 1.4.5 on my phone.
    What are your settings? you over clocking it? if yes then what are those settings?

thanks
    What are your settings? you over clocking it? if yes then what are those settings?

thanks
    Uberkernal/Govnah clocked at 500/1000 screenstate. I have done no tweaking to Govnah other than setting the 500/1000 speed.

Honestly, even before I installed Uberkernal, it still ran very smoothly. Not as fast, but still enough to handle. All the issues I keep reading up on 2.1, I have yet to experience. I have well over 125 patches (want more), use freetether religiously and I been texting and emailing all day. Phone is handling it without a glitch.
    u getting any kind of lag between apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    Uberkernal/Govnah clocked at 500/1000 screenstate. I have done no tweaking to Govnah other than setting the 500/1000 speed.

Honestly, even before I installed Uberkernal, it still ran very smoothly. Not as fast, but still enough to handle. All the issues I keep reading up on 2.1, I have yet to experience. I have well over 125 patches (want more), use freetether religiously and I been texting and emailing all day. Phone is handling it without a glitch.
    How long have you been on 2.x?
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is anyone else having problems with the verizon jar timing out and not downloading. It grabs the sprint jar fine but then stops between 46-94% and will not go any farther.

EDIT: After 3.5 hrs it finally finished with the varizon jar and moved on so I guess patience is best here.
    Last edited by mmm5288; 04/04/2011 at 08:51 PM.
    I read on twitter that webos internals was having issues with there server. That may be why your download is taking so long. Also I have 2.1 on my Sprint Pre+ I have it overclocked at 1.1/500 i have compcache at 96mb. It runs like a raped ape. No lag nothing it's great. I also had 2.1 on my Spritn Pre- i had that overclocked to 1.0/500 with compcache set to 64mb. Even that ran great. I haven't seemed to run into any problems with 2.1 on either phone. It does run better on the Pre+ though with the 512mb. The only problem I have is battery length. But as I have about 5 batterys fully charged all the time I can either switch them out or charge the phone. Anyway as my main point was I do Bleieve WebOS is having problems with there servers so it may mess things up a bit. I could very well be wrong so I am just throwing out a reason as to why. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    u getting any kind of lag between apps?
    No lag in between apps. I shift from app to app very smoothly. No freezing or pausing. Had seven cards open today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby71
    How long have you been on 2.x?
    It's been two full days now. Still no issues.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    I read on twitter that webos internals was having issues with there server. That may be why your download is taking so long. Also I have 2.1 on my Sprint Pre+ I have it overclocked at 1.1/500 i have compcache at 96mb. It runs like a raped ape. No lag nothing it's great. I also had 2.1 on my Spritn Pre- i had that overclocked to 1.0/500 with compcache set to 64mb. Even that ran great. I haven't seemed to run into any problems with 2.1 on either phone. It does run better on the Pre+ though with the 512mb. The only problem I have is battery length. But as I have about 5 batterys fully charged all the time I can either switch them out or charge the phone. Anyway as my main point was I do Bleieve WebOS is having problems with there servers so it may mess things up a bit. I could very well be wrong so I am just throwing out a reason as to why. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    This is prolly a stupid question, but do you mean 500/1.0? 1.0/500 seems backwards? Isn't the first number what corresponds to when the screen is on standby?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    That you are correct didn't realize the way I was typing it. Yes it is 500/1.1. Thank you for correscting me.
    i have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine i ran upgrade to novabarley still no data thank you for any help
    Any way to get a wifi only version setup? I have trouble with the standard scripts, and cant get through activation (webos quick install wont install enable bypass activation patch for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Any way to get a wifi only version setup? I have trouble with the standard scripts, and cant get through activation (webos quick install wont install enable bypass activation patch for me).
    The official wiki page states how to get wifi only.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Any way to get a wifi only version setup?.
    As requested.

Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    ASASEABAN could you look into the posability of 2.1 not jiving with the BellM network or do you think that it just maybe certain Pre- that can't handle the upgrade?? Please and Thak-you!!
    Anyone having activation issues? No matter what I do (and I have verified the jar is good), I boot up and the phone cant connect to sprint network. Works fine in 1.4.5 (doctored back to be sure) but come time to switch to 2.1.0 it cant connect and I cant get past the profile login screen. Any help would really be apprecaited.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast