Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    1st: Thank you so much for making this update super easy for a script kiddie like myself!

2nd: I now understand why HP/Palm did not want sprint pre users getting webos 2.x. Since I updated my phone, it has been trying to pull down all my face book contacts. As soon as it starts to do this I get the Critical memory warning, Close cards to free memory.

3rd: As I understand I need to increase my COMPCACHE. To do this I need to install govnah or a kernel hack.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Last edited by balistic2; 03/20/2011 at 01:06 PM.
    I would like to thank you for this update, it works great little slow but its ok. I expected lot more from this update. The only cool thing is the card deck but otherwise I am not blown out of the water with updated. Maybe its just me.
    First off, thank you for making this whole process a bit simpler. I'd been holding off on upgrading my Verizon Pre Plus to 2.1 until somebody simplified the process.

Followed all your instructions and everything went smoothly.

However, there is one weird thing:

Before I upgraded, I just left all of my images and music on my phone. I backed them up but I didn't delete them off the device.

After the upgrade all my pictures and music were still there, HOWEVER, in my Photos app now there is now a folder called "Miscellaneous" which contains nothing but 2 pictures of very ample breasts. One picture of some breasts in a yellow bikini top and one picture of some bare breasts.

I have no idea where they came from. I have never seen these particular pictures before and they definitely weren't on my computer.

At least they look nice
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post
    First off, thank you for making this whole process a bit simpler. I'd been holding off on upgrading my Verizon Pre Plus to 2.1 until somebody simplified the process.

Followed all your instructions and everything went smoothly.

However, there is one weird thing:

Before I upgraded, I just left all of my images and music on my phone. I backed them up but I didn't delete them off the device.

After the upgrade all my pictures and music were still there, HOWEVER, in my Photos app now there is now a folder called "Miscellaneous" which contains nothing but 2 pictures of very ample breasts. One picture of some breasts in a yellow bikini top and one picture of some bare breasts.

I have no idea where they came from. I have never seen these particular pictures before and they definitely weren't on my computer.

At least they look nice
    Had you previously used an unofficial warez webOS Doctor file from anywhere? I wouldn't be surprised if such shenanigans were included in such illegally distributed files that are floating around the intertubes ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Had you previously used an unofficial warez webOS Doctor file from anywhere? I wouldn't be surprised if such shenanigans were included in such illegally distributed files that are floating around the intertubes ...

-- Rod
    Nah, I've never doctored my Pre in any way before.

To everyone, if you're doing this upgrade for your kid's Pres I suggest checking the photo app before handing it back over to them.

To everyone, if you're doing this upgrade for your kid's Pres I suggest checking the photo app before handing it back over to them.
    I can assure you that nothing installed by the WebOS Internals meta-scripts has that content in it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #127  

Many have doctored to 2.1.0 and you're the only one to report such incident.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thank you to all who made this so simple!!! I upgraded my Sprint Pre- to Webos 2.1 yesterday. All I have left to do is work on restoring my Classic program and I will be up 100% and running. I also was able to get Sprint Nav running with the directions from another thread!!!!! If I can do it anyone can!!! Thank you so much!!! Now all I have to do is wait until August when my contract is up and hopefully Sprint will have the Pre 3!!!! Thanks again!!!!
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    finally upgraded my vz pre plus last night. Thank you Rod and the rest of you making this possible and easy. Still havnt figured out how to install Flash, but hopefully tonight after homework..... My donation is on the way. You guys rock!
    Just did it and all is working perfectly. Only fluke was that my battery wasn't charged and it didn't "find" my phone.

All's good!
    I am having trouble when running the script on Windows 7. I am using it for a Sprint Pre-.
    The problem is, is that I run the .cmd file and nothing happens. I was able to capture the input/output for bash.exe which comes up and disappears almost instantly.

EDIT: I made a "meta-doctor" directory and a meta doctor did appear after the script finished although I got the same errors for the git and make commands. I'm currently signing in so it appears that everything else went smoothly. Thanks for making such a simplistic method for upgrading
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by db2450; 03/27/2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Just realized while running the auto sprint pre- script that I failed to run it INSIDE of cygwin...is that going to be a problem?

I ran the script from the normal command prompt >_<
    can't get it to work when i run either cygwin.bat or semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.cmd, it says 'resource temporarily unavailable'. my phone is plugged in..
    I upgraded my Sprint Pre-, now my camera won't work. It takes pictures (or at least appears to), but when I go to my photos its not there.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Update: Uninstalling all my patches and reset / wiping did the trick. Now it takes pictures and puts them where they are supposed to go. :-)
    Last edited by jamescnmckinney; 03/30/2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Solved
    Quote Originally Posted by julls View Post
    can't get it to work when i run either cygwin.bat or semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.cmd, it says 'resource temporarily unavailable'. my phone is plugged in..
    Are you sure you unzipped BOTH of the files into the cygwin folder at
    Code:
    "c:\cygwin"
    I had some issues getting both of the files into the folder properly, there should NOT be a folder called Semi-auto-Sprint-2.1.0 inside of the cygwin folder.

I ended up having to extract the files to my downloads folder and copying them over one by one to get them to copy without issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by julls View Post
    meta-doctor popped up, I plug in the phone , it starts to charge my battery and then says "phone unpluged" , I tried it several times and I get the same error, help please? Is my phone defected?
    Quote Originally Posted by sqadbeezy View Post
    meta-doctor popped up, I plug in the phone , it starts to charge my battery and then says "phone unpluged" , I tried it several times and I get the same error, help please? Is my phone defected?
    Dumb question...but your phone IS in developer mode right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=TheTolsonator;2925001]Dumb question...but your phone IS in developer mode right?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

yes it is, meta-doctor detects the phone but for some reason it keeps saying the same thing over and over again, and to get it going again I have to restart the computer and build another doctor
    keep getting permission denied somewhere after starting the script in cygwin... anyone else have these problems?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    [QUOTE yes it is, meta-doctor detects the phone but for some reason it keeps saying the same thing over and over again, and to get it going again I have to restart the computer and build another doctor [QUOTE]

Try running the meta-doctor in recovery mode. It should work.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."