Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 226
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Is there a way to do this on a Mac?
    It's clear you haven't read the wiki page and all pages linked from it twice from top to bottom. Do so now before posting again.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #82  
    I did read it that file does not exist for iMac no more on that site.
  3. #83  
    I'm sorry to ask this if it has already been asked, but I searched and didn't find any specific answer.

    I'm running a Verizon Pre Plus and I got the (I assume) 2.1 update to work, but I am stuck at the "Auto Locate" choice. Whether I choose "Enable Auto Locate" or "Ask Each Time," the respective button grays out, but it won't continue. I think I read somewhere that there's a way to skip the First Use app, but I can't find that either...

    Again, sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked and couldn't find it. =\
    Thanks for any help.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I did read it that file does not exist for iMac no more on that site.
    No, you read the first post in this thread, not the official wiki page or official thread that it points to.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    I'm sorry to ask this if it has already been asked, but I searched and didn't find any specific answer.

    I'm running a Verizon Pre Plus and I got the (I assume) 2.1 update to work, but I am stuck at the "Auto Locate" choice. Whether I choose "Enable Auto Locate" or "Ask Each Time," the respective button grays out, but it won't continue. I think I read somewhere that there's a way to skip the First Use app, but I can't find that either...

    Again, sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked and couldn't find it. =\
    Thanks for any help.
    You also have not read the first post which says:

    "For general help/troubleshooting/questions and/or tips about the webOS 2 Upgrade, goto the official thread"

    This is not the official thread.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #86  
    Thank you for creating this. It streamlined the process a lot for me, and worked the first time.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  7. #87  
    Yes, Rod, I know it's not the official help thread, but I felt I couldn't provide the necessary prerequisites to ask a question on your thread. I am not familiar with the tools I am running for this operation (running Win7; never used cygwin, letalone linux before).
    The first thing you ask for is a full copy of the terminal window, but I don't know how to get one. I cannot select and copy text in it, so how can I do that? It's too big to take a screen cap of... And even scrolling all the way to the top of it, does not bring me to where I began; it won't go back that far.
    I realize that probably sounds silly and noobish to you, but as far all this is going, I am. I felt I followed your directions to the letter (I was going off the wiki). I tried not to improvise with anything (uninstalled Novacom instead of assuming I could just leave it installed as it was, etc.).
    The only thing I took from another source than the wiki was what parts of cygwin to install from this thread's .pdf.
    I did not want to clutter that gigantic thread with a question when I couldn't follow the opening posts very large warning.

    edit: While connected via USB, I held the power button and hit the Turn Off, then held Up Vol and the power button to get back to recovery mode and re-ran the doctor. Signing into the profile I had created last time during this First Use app totally let me skip the Auto Locate screen, where I got hung up. Hope maybe that helps others that get stuck at the same spot.

    Also, if one gets hung up at the "charging battery" screen forever (like I did so many times during this process), I unplugged the phone, exited the doctor, then re-ran the doctor. Don't connect the USB cable UNTIL it won't let your proceed without connecting. Starts the flashing just fine from there for me. I got hung up here so many times...
    Last edited by Koiji412; 03/15/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
  8. settelma's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #88  
    This process worked great, but I could not recover my contacts from my profile. I have looked at this thread but have not found how to address the issue. Sorry if this is a repeat, but if someone could point me in the rigtht direction, would greatly appreciate it. I am also going to donate to the group. Thanks!
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    This process worked great, but I could not recover my contacts from my profile. I have looked at this thread but have not found how to address the issue. Sorry if this is a repeat, but if someone could point me in the rigtht direction, would greatly appreciate it. I am also going to donate to the group. Thanks!
    You should have exported your contacts to gmail would be the easiest way. If you didn't do that, then you might need to revert back to 1.4.5 and do that before coming back.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  10. settelma's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #90  
    Can I export to GMAIL or YAHOO from outlook and then import to my contacts on the Palm?
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    Yes, Rod, I know it's not the official help thread, but I felt I couldn't provide the necessary prerequisites to ask a question on your thread. I am not familiar with the tools I am running for this operation (running Win7; never used cygwin, letalone linux before).
    The first thing you ask for is a full copy of the terminal window, but I don't know how to get one. I cannot select and copy text in it, so how can I do that? It's too big to take a screen cap of... And even scrolling all the way to the top of it, does not bring me to where I began; it won't go back that far.
    I realize that probably sounds silly and noobish to you, but as far all this is going, I am. I felt I followed your directions to the letter (I was going off the wiki). I tried not to improvise with anything (uninstalled Novacom instead of assuming I could just leave it installed as it was, etc.).
    The only thing I took from another source than the wiki was what parts of cygwin to install from this thread's .pdf.
    I did not want to clutter that gigantic thread with a question when I couldn't follow the opening posts very large warning.

    edit: While connected via USB, I held the power button and hit the Turn Off, then held Up Vol and the power button to get back to recovery mode and re-ran the doctor. Signing into the profile I had created last time during this First Use app totally let me skip the Auto Locate screen, where I got hung up. Hope maybe that helps others that get stuck at the same spot.

    Also, if one gets hung up at the "charging battery" screen forever (like I did so many times during this process), I unplugged the phone, exited the doctor, then re-ran the doctor. Don't connect the USB cable UNTIL it won't let your proceed without connecting. Starts the flashing just fine from there for me. I got hung up here so many times...
    Please add those tips to the official community-maintained wiki page. Then everyone else who reads it before posting in forums threads can save themselves a post

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #92  
    ok i finally updated thanks to your method...works great im loving 2.1!

    the part i needed help with was installing Cygwin correctly...thanks to the pdf in the original post i was able to follow the step by step guide and get Cygwin going....after that updating to 2.1 was a breeze and totally worth it...
  13. LHKJohn's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #93  
    Anyone familiar with Mac OS X and XCode wanna give me a hand with this?

    edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by LHKJohn; 03/16/2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    Can I export to GMAIL or YAHOO from outlook and then import to my contacts on the Palm?
    Here is a pointer as to how to do this:

    CLICK HERE

    You need to install the patch and then you can email the file to a gmail account and you will go to your contacts in gmail and add the vcard file to your contacts. That simple.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  15. #95  
    I just did it perfectly and followed the instruction from this thread and I was doing fine until the end. I chose the language, and then clicked next. After that is said the USB Drive couldn't be found or something like that and it stopped where it says charging battery(loading). It just said to go to palm.com for support. What did I do wrong?
  16. confess00's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #96  
    I tried to update my pre- and everything went well up until the point when I was doctoring to 2.1. At first my phone kept on rebooting at 4% while the doctoring was running. Then I managed to get the doctor running again but this time it stopped at 14% and stayed there over 30 min until I just unplugged it. I tried to doctor back to 1.4.5 using the recovery method but as soon as the doctor starts the phone the screen displays Any ideas how to restore my? I have also read the wiki very carefully numerous times.

    thanks.
  17. #97  
    please help me. I did everything already and tried and tried and i cnt install it. When doctring my phone a black screen pops up saying NOVACOMAND is not found(erased). And then it still says is charging my phone and out of nowhere it says it can't reset my phone so it stops there. I already dowwnloaded java and the virtual box as weel as the SDK and yet it fails. I keep going to cygwin folder to run it and I don't know what to do anymore. I really want webos 2.1. I need your help
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    When I try to run the auto script i get fatal error says already exists and wont download anything, someone please help me out.
    I am having the same problem :/
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnyjake View Post
    I am having the same problem :/
    Send me a screenshot of that error.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    please help me. I did everything already and tried and tried and i cnt install it. When doctring my phone a black screen pops up saying NOVACOMAND is not found(erased). And then it still says is charging my phone and out of nowhere it says it can't reset my phone so it stops there. I already dowwnloaded java and the virtual box as weel as the SDK and yet it fails. I keep going to cygwin folder to run it and I don't know what to do anymore. I really want webos 2.1. I need your help
    Try this http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...hlight=novacom
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions