Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    First thank you for guide,
    Quick question I use Sprint Navigation every day, will this update have Sprint Navigation so I can use it?

Also all those instructions are for PC, I am using iMac how do I do it on iMac?

Thanks
    Last edited by joek71; 03/12/2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Quick question I use Sprint Navigation every day, will this update have Sprint Navigation so I can use it?

Also all those instructions are for PC, I am using iMac how do I do it on iMac?

Thanks
    If you look at the original instructions on the WebOS Internals Wiki page upon which this guide is based, you will find answers to both those questions.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Thanks
    No it wont but there is a thread around here someone that gives you the instructions on how to do it.

Check here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-2-1-0-a.html

Edit: Or just follow the guy above me he is the man!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Wait for it to finish charging the battery. The install will continue afterwards.
    the battery is at 100% and then after about 20 minutes it says that webos doctor is unable to restore device
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    the battery is at 100% and then after about 20 minutes it says that webos doctor is unable to restore device
    Post screenshot.
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 03/13/2011 at 03:18 AM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    I got 2.1 working on mine, but I can't get preware to function.

I installed it, but it won't go past the load screen.

ETA: Was using the wrong installer.

I got it all figured out now.
    Last edited by PTM76; 03/13/2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This was a great and easy-to-follow guide for my Verizon Pre Plus.

My profile remained intact and everything appears to be working except for one thing:

When I launch "System Updates" I get the spinning wheel and "Checking for updates..." but nothing happens beyond that. I've left it for at least an hour and it never finishes checking for updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    Assuming that you already have Novacom installed and running on your WINDOWS machine, just restart the Novacom drivers;

1. Press the Start button.
    2. Type "run".
    3. Select the "Run" application.
    4. Type "cmd" and press "Enter".
    5. Type "services.msc" and press "Enter".
    6. Scroll down to "Palm Novacom". Right click on it, and choose "Restart".

It should work this time.

Of course if you just restart your computer you will automatically restart those drivers as well.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I am also getting the message saying that it could not reset tthe device. Attached is a screenshot. I did restart the Palm Novacom service. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen10 View Post
    I click on the cmd file, a command window opens, and then nothing happens. Have I missed a step?
    ASASEABAN: I'm getting this as well and both files are in the /cygwin/semi-auto-bellmo-2.1.0 folder. I've already tried to upgrade with the steps in the wiki and have not heard back from my question and found this thread, so I was trying this method.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckugo View Post
    I am also getting the message saying that it could not reset tthe device. Attached is a screenshot. I did restart the Palm Novacom service. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much,
    Chris
    Please post ALL webOS 2.1.0 upgrade related question(s) in the official thread.
    Only post question(s)/issue(s) related to my process in this thread.

Thanks.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckugo View Post

Thanks so much,
    Chris
    Please post ALL webOS 2.1.0 upgrade related question(s) in the official thread.
    Only post question(s)/issue(s) related to my process in this thread.

Thanks.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    I found another one over @ webosbuzz, I got the WiFi only one installed on my currently. Works good so far, and overclocking is fast. Also Asaseaban good PDF on the cygwin packages.
    SUCCESS!!! Without problems.
    When I try to run the auto script i get fatal error says already exists and wont download anything, someone please help me out.
    And where can I download Novacom?
    And where can I download Novacom?
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...hlight=novacom
  18.    #78  
    When I try to run the auto script i get fatal error says already exists and wont download anything, someone please help me out.
    Please download the attachment script, and try again.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    I am using iMac at home and it is not easy to do this update. I will have to wait till I go back to school to use PC.
    I cant run the scripts so will have to wait.

Thanks
    Is there a way to do this on a Mac?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast