Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen10 View Post
    I'll wait until I get to another computer and re-try it, I haven't had too much luck with cygwin at all...
    OP instructions are actually pretty easy to use, I attempted the Ubuntu way and made it half way before I got lost. If you follow the PDF file in the OG post you should be ok.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    What are the possible problems if any if I use my current Palm Profile (1.4.5) to sign into 2.1? I read that there were problems with that before but I want to make sure that I dont lose anything as far as paid apps.
    Doctored back to 1.4.5 - no profile issues. Doctor to 2.1.0 - no pofiles issues.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Note: The techniques mentioned here were developed by WebOS Internals, and the scripts are an additional level of automation upon an already significantly automated procedure developed by WebOS Internals.

It is IMPERATIVE that you read the authoritative wiki page thoroughly *before* executing the scripts.

I helped a couple of non-technical and not-so computer savy people to doctor their Sprint Pre-/+ to webOS 2.1.0 today and after a while, i got tired and figured there's got be a way to automate things a little so i came up with a simple script and a one line cmd that run steps 1 thru 5 in the Application:MetaDoctor wiki and step 3 in the WebOS 2 Upgrade wiki.

Before proceeding, please verify you have Cygwin correctly installed (See attached pdf for instructions on installing Cygwin).

1) Download your carrier zip file (attached). Example, Sprint Pre users will download semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.zip

2) Unzip the attachment and copy the contents (2 files) to c:\cygwin folder.

3) Browse to C:\Cygwin folder and run/open the cmd file. Example, Sprint Pre users will run semi-auto-sprint-2.1.0.cmd

4) Once the webOS 2.1.0 JAR build is complete, it'll pop-up and initiate the doctoring/upgrade process. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Don't forget to put your phone in Developer mode (type webos20090606 => Developer Mode Enabler => ON)

***Please DO NOT forget Step 6 in the WebOS 2 Upgrade. Donation is what make all of these awesomeness possible.***

For general help/troubleshooting/questions and/or tips about the webOS 2 Upgrade, goto the official thread.

As always, please do this at your own risk.
    Just wanted to give my thanks for this. Today I took the plunge and upgraded to 2.1 and it went without a hitch thanks to this step by step walkthrough that you have done here. To anyone that is trying to use the virtualbox I would reconsider and use Cygwin, it is very easy to use!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcc View Post
    If you could do this for Bell Mobility I'd be sooo happy! I'm decent with windows computer but im zero with Linux so the metadoctor thing is really bugging me right now... And the illegal all made doctor have some issue with sms.
    I second this
    Quote Originally Posted by veryape View Post
    I second this
    I just did it with bell pre- today using this walkthrough without a hitch!!! If you can read then you can do the doctor no problem!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I get something that looks like this (see attached image) then it either sits at 3% or closes itself out, any advice?

*edit*
    After re-launching the cmd, and just being patient, it worked and the doctor launched

*edit*
    My device is now running WebOS 2.0, thank you so much to everyone who helped me, ASASEABAN specifically, I doubt I would have been able to pull this off without you.
    ~Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 03/11/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcc View Post
    If you could do this for Bell Mobility I'd be sooo happy! I'm decent with windows computer but im zero with Linux so the metadoctor thing is really bugging me right now... And the illegal all made doctor have some issue with sms.
    Thanks alot and I'll gladly make a donation if this can be done!
    Done! Attached Semi-auto-bellmo-2.1.0.zip
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Done! Attached Semi-auto-bellmo-2.1.0.zip
    I'm trying to open the file but it says that Windows cannot open this file as it is invalid... Thanks again!

also the other versions open fine on my computer... just the one I need isn't working lol
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    I'm trying to open the file but it says that Windows cannot open this file as it is invalid... Thanks again!

also the other versions open fine on my computer... just the one I need isn't working lol
    Please download the attachment and try again.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Please download the attachment and try again.
    Works. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Sprint Nav. is not included in the Meta how do I get it installed, or is that filed under asking for software I should not?

Erm... nevermind I figured out how to do it. Coolness!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    If I have a verizon pre plus with sprint service which one do I use?
    The sprint version.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    If I have a verizon pre plus with sprint service which one do I use?
    The comms board is the deciding factor.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for this script! It was a lot easier doing it this way (and I got somethings done as the script ran).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thank-you Thank-you!! Just updated and it was very easy. I had no problem w/my profile everything updated perfectly. Didnt loose any data; memos, bookmarks, apps everything came back and loaded w/o incident. I am only missing the Sprint nav app. Does anyone know where I can get the ipk file i tried searching but couldnt find. Thnak-you
    Performance is great! (Overclocking is a must) Using F105 and everything good.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    Thank-you Thank-you!! Just updated and it was very easy. I had no problem w/my profile everything updated perfectly. Didnt loose any data; memos, bookmarks, apps everything came back and loaded w/o incident. I am only missing the Sprint nav app. Does anyone know where I can get the ipk file i tried searching but couldnt find. Thnak-you
    Performance is great! (Overclocking is a must) Using F105 and everything good.
    We cant say where you can get it because that software distribution which we are not allowed to do, you are really not even allowed to ask. But I will say that there is a forum that gives you the instructions on how to recover it.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I can't get past the battery charging screen! if i need to rerun the doctor, what do i do?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    I can't get past the battery charging screen! if i need to rerun the doctor, what do i do?
    Wait for it to finish charging the battery. The install will continue afterwards.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Making WebOS doctor for Verizon quite confusing.

I already successfull create and download one.. But seems the file on cygwin download folder only contain the original file WebOS2.1 which not for Verizon Pre+ .. I can't find any file contain "edited" v2.1.0 webOS doctor on my HDD.

Second time runs the cmd command, now it make file verizon v2.0.1 not v2.1.0.. now still in progress

Any clue about this?

Edit: Any idea how to use semi auto command to original 2.1 jar file that I already download?

Edit2: finished create & download verizon 2.01 jar... can't not flashed to my verizon Pre+..not compatible with this webOS doctor..

so anyone here using Verizon Pre+ success using semi auto command?
    Last edited by The Bard; 03/12/2011 at 01:07 PM.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast